seven: surprise

CHAPTER SEVEN:

| michael’s pov |

I sat inside the fancy car, fiddling with my thumbs. Once Ashton left, I found myself being dragged away by a bodyguard. He asked for my name, and with that, he just literally took me from my spot to get me here.

It made me think of why in the world I was here, but then, it was like I knew what this was, what this set-up is. Ashton did this; I could feel it. 

The door of the car opened, only to reveal him. I opened my mouth to ask him harshly what the hell was happening, but was stopped shortly at the sight of Belle. 

My mouth went dry; I couldn’t even say a word. She was nothing short of beautiful. She was nothing short of perfect. She was nothing short of what I thought of her.

Her black hair was up in a ponytail, which looked as if it was rushed, amusing me in the slightest. She was in a hoodie, just like me, and she was wearing her black jeans. 

It put a smile on my face at how casual she was; she didn’t need to try so hard to be this amazing. I was speechless, but I was happy.

Her bandmates were nowhere to be found, however. She stood outside, alone.

Her hands were in her hoodie’s pockets, and Belle swayed back and forth, looking around her. She was probably taking in her surroundings; it was her first time here, so I would understand.

“Surprise,” Ashton whispered, beaming to himself, as if he was proud. He pushed Belle inside the car, having her sit beside me. 

I felt my cheeks heat up; shit, why was she in here? I would be just fine watching her. 

Ashton followed inside shortly after, closing the door. 

“Belle, Michael. Michael, Belle,” he introduced, pointing at her and then me, and so on. 

Belle smiled, despite how awful that introduction was and held out a hand for me to shake. “Hi, I’m Belle. Nice to meet you, Michael,” she said, staring at me with her kind, brown eyes.

Any second from now, I think that my heart would just rip out of my chest. It was beating so fast, and I could actually feel and hear it. 

My hand, trembling from nervousness, took hers and shook it lightly. 

And I saw the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen. I couldn't help but return it.

“Nice… nice to meet you, too, Belle.”