eleven: no

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

| michael’s pov |

Belle shook her head, giving August an incredulous look. “I’m too young, August!” She reasoned, flailing her arms.

It looked funny, and I had to hold back a laugh. They weren’t different from what I expected them to be. It made me feel relieved.

“You’re seventeen, Belle. You have to enjoy life! Drinking isn’t that bad,” she mumbled the last part and rolled her eyes.

“Please? I really don’t want to,” she pleaded, putting her hands together and bowing her head. 

August made a disappointed expression but agreed, anyway. I mean, how could she say no to Belle? She was so cu- and here I go again.

“Aren’t you going to… you know, drink?” Belle asked, out of nowhere, startling me. 

My lips formed a tight line, as I thought hard. It wasn’t like it was my first time, but I was afraid of what would happen when I was drunk.

“No,” I flatly replied. I resisted the urge to sigh audibly; I sounded like I was irritated.

“I see,” she replied, in a hushed voice.

I just lost the chance to talk to her, did I? 

Fuck this.

She took a seat at the far end of the couch, as the others made their way outside. I blamed Ashton for how boisterous they were; he never learned how to shut up sometimes.

The door closed, telling us that we were alone together, in their hotel room. I was alone with Belle. But we couldn’t talk. All because of one word- no.

“So, um, how do you know… Ashton?” She flipped through the channels, careful to not stare at me, and keep the serene vibe in the air.

I felt a shower of relief; at least, she’s trying to talk to me now. “I met him at a video game shop a few months ago. We wanted the same game, yeah,” I explained, trying my best to calm myself.

I felt so bipolar; one moment I was pissed at myself, and now, it’s as if I’m on top of the world. The things love does to you.

I even sound like a girl now. Great.

From the corner of my eye, I saw her grin at my answer. My lips parted; she’s beautiful.

I really can’t describe how I feel right now. All I knew was that her smiles are the best I’ve ever seen.

“How do you know him?” I countered; this was the only thing I could think of to keep the conversation going.

She paused for a moment, but put up a close-lipped smile after. “Friends…” she trailed off, as if she was reluctant. “We’re friends.”