thirty-six: talk

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX:

| michael’s pov |

Are you sure you want to delete your whole account?” The first line of the disclaimer said, as if it was trying its best to convince me to not get rid of my blog. 

I nodded, assuring myself I was doing the right thing. This was what I should do. 

I typed in my email and password, and I could’ve sworn a bead of sweat fall from my forehead. Why was I so hesitant to let this go?

I just had it for months; I shouldn’t be attached to it.

This was what brought you to love Belle,” my brain told me, answering the question.

Hovering my cursor over to the button with ‘Delete everything’, I had second thoughts. Was I really sure? 

I mean, I could still be a fan of theirs. It’s just that I’d have a stronger grip on reality; I would know when to stop dreaming of something that’ll never come true.

“No, I’m sure,” I attempted to rid myself of any doubt I had left.

To become a better person, I had to start letting go.

I clicked it.

“fuckyeahtmid is gone.”

There was an instant feeling of regret as soon as I saw those three words. I dedicated my life to making that blog perfect, but I guess when you finally get a taste of the painful truth, you learn that everything you’re doing is for nothing.

The door slammed open, and I found myself being lifted up by the shirt.

I was faced with Ashton, who didn’t look at all pleased at me. I attempted to pull away from his hold, but I underestimated him– he was strong. 

“Let me go, asshole,” I told him, staring at him with determined look. Just when I thought I’d seen the last of him, he comes barging in my room. 

It reminded me of the time he told me that we were going to the airport. Only this time, we weren’t friends anymore.

He wasn’t my friend anymore.

“What the fuck do you want, then?”

“We’re going to talk, whether you like it or not.”