five: airport

CHAPTER FIVE:

| michael’s pov |

“I really want to play the guitar,” she whined, to the camera, sighing deeply and pointing at Gabrielle, her bandmate. Belle went over to Gabrielle and poked her endlessly.

“Belle, what do you want?” Gabrielle stopped strumming her guitar and turned towards Belle, as well as the camera. “And why the hell are you filming this?”

I heard Belle giggle, making me somehow die a little inside. “Because I can. Teach me how to play, Gabby, please?”

The other girl shook her head and covered the camera. “Nope.”

And the video ended.

My hand scratched the back of my neck; I knew how to. It was frustrating how I could probably, maybe, be her friend. I could teach her how to play the guitar, and maybe after that, she’d somehow like me, too.

I raised my hand to my face; there I was again, daydreaming about something that can’t happen. 

The door slammed open, catching me off guard and making me close my laptop in panic. I looked up to see Ashton, probably my only friend, in all his chirpy glory.

“Hey, let’s go out,” he straightforwardly said, pulling me off my bed and nearly dropping the minicomputer in my hands. 

“No way, fuck off,” I snapped, gently placing the laptop on my table. 

He just laughed, going through my closet, throwing out some decent clothes for me to wear.

It always had to go his way.

“Your girlfriend’s coming. Hurry up,” he urges, pushing me inside the bathroom.

Ashton always called Belle my girlfriend, just for the heck of it. He thought it was funny that my cheeks would turn pink whenever he mentioned it. It was a bit irritating, considering we weren't best friends, and we weren't close enough to be teasing each other. 

I don't even tease him. I just curse him sometimes, because he's so damn annoying.

But even though he was like that, he still had some tricks up his sleeves. Like this one.

I cleared my throat, making sure he didn’t notice I was surprised, or ecstatic, “Where the hell are we going?” 

“To the airport.”