thirty-five: forgotten

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE:

| michael’s pov |

“Hey, Michael. Thank you for the letter and for the tickets; I'm really surprised you even got me them. Thank you so much. Um, can I talk to you? Please call me as soon as you get this.”

“I went to your house today; your mum said you weren’t feeling well. I hope you’re not sick. Please call me soon, alright?”

“I hope I’m not being annoying. I just really need to talk to you. Please call me back. Take care.”

“I’m leaving in a week; I hope I get to talk things out with you before I go. I’ll be waiting, okay?”

The way she spoke actually made me think she cared. 

But I told myself to forget about what happened. I told myself to forget my feelings. I told myself to forget about her.

But that’s all I did– I just told myself. 

I couldn’t do it because I can’t. 

Belle was the best thing that’s ever happened to me, yet she’s the best thing that’s never going to be mine. 

I could give up, but I would always find myself thinking about her. She was always on my mind; she was always in my heart.

The only way I could really forget her was to stop with all my antics. I should stop with everything that had to do with her. I had to move on, somehow.

I can’t stay like this. I can’t just be miserable. 

So I ignored her. I didn’t answer any of her calls, any of her texts, anything she sent to me. 

Maybe this time, I could do it. I could let go of her. Because from the start I always knew this could never happen. 

She was Heaven; I was Earth.

And as cheesy as that was, I was telling the truth this time. 

I didn’t just want to get over her; I had to get over her. If I wanted to start facing reality, I needed to do that. She was stopping me from being rational. I had to get out of my wonderland and start being reasonable.

Belle was a distraction. 

Belle wasn’t the one for me.  

Belle should be forgotten.