thirty-seven: lecture

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN:

| michael’s pov | 

I was forced to sit down on my bed, as Ashton walked around my room, saying a lot of things about how stupid I was and how he was stupid as well.

“I should’ve just told you from the start!” He said, to no one in particular. He was probably talking to himself and was getting agitated.

Crossing my arms, I leaned back on the wall, waiting for something fruitful to happen. I was on my way to forgetting; he just comes barging in, trying to create another turning point in my life.

I didn’t need another one of his bullshits. I was so damn tired of getting hurt.

“She loves you, what the hell do you want me to do?” I finally let out, annoyed at how much he was ranting. Just because my mum was out, doesn’t mean he could make this much noise.

He points his index finger at me. “You don’t know? How blind are you?!” He insulted, and I could fucking make another bruise on his face if I wasn’t restraining myself.

“Know what?” I grabbed the covers of my bed, making myself calm down.

“That she likes you! You actually have progress, and then you become so fucking insecure and decide to shut your door on her. Why can’t you just stop telling yourself that you’re not good enough and look in the mirror– you are fucking good enough for her. I’m not!” He yelled, making me gape at what he just told me.

I said nothing and stared at the ground. I didn’t know if I should believe him, but he sounded like he knew what he was saying.

“I’ll tell you this, once and for all, okay? I’m an asshole– I’m not even going to deny it if someone asks me. I kissed her when she went to me during your date. I kissed her, so she wouldn’t leave me. I kissed her, but I didn’t like her,” he spoke quickly, but I could understand, and I was having mixed emotions.

I was angry, no doubt. I was confused, as to why he was telling me this. I was happy, somehow, because he was being honest.

“Did you know what she told me? She told me she’ll go back to you. She told me how happy she feels when she’s with you. Then she fucking left me. She left the person she supposedly loves for you. For Michael Clifford. Now, if you think she’ll never love you, think again.” He breathed in then exhaled, directing a stressed look at me. “I’m so sick of your shit, okay?”

“You’re lying,” I said, in disbelief. That couldn’t be possible. I was almost sure she’d stay with him until he wanted her to. No, it just couldn’t happen.

“I swore four times, and you think I’m lying?” He sighed really deeply. “Well, if you want to lose this chance, Mikey, you could. But if you’re smart, then go to the airport two days from now. 3 a.m., sharp.” 

And after his long-ass lecture, he stomped out of my room, not forgetting to slam the door.