ten: fun

CHAPTER TEN:

| michael’s pov |

I awkwardly sat on the couch of their hotel room, my hands on my lap. I didn’t know if I should leave, or if I should just continue sitting down like this.

It was uncomfortable, if I were to speak honestly.

It wasn’t like it was quiet; it was noisy as hell. The band, including Belle, was sitting on the bed, chatting with each other. Ashton was with them, too, making me ponder on who his connections were. 

Was he dating one of them?

There were only two of them single. Belle was one of them, thankfully. The other was Amber, their bassist. My eyebrows furrowed, she didn’t seem like Ashton’s type.

But then again, I didn’t know Ashton that well to know what he likes and dislikes.

Suddenly, the five girls stood in front of me, in a line. Ashton plopped down beside me, slouching comfortably on the seat. 

They all grinned, before speaking, simultaneously, “Hi.” All of them laughed, elbowing one another. “We’re The Moon is Down,” they introduced themselves.

“Michael,” I muttered under my breath, not expecting them to actually hear or care. It was for formalities’ sake, wasn’t it? 

But I had to admit, it made me feel honored to actually experience their greeting, face-to-face. I never thought I'd live to see this day.

They nodded, literally all of them.

“Michael,” they repeated.

“He’s a fan of yours,” Ashton spoke up, patting me on the back.

I swear, if I could just chuck my phone at him, I would. He wasn’t supposed to tell them that. He wasn’t supposed to say anything.

“Oh my god,” Gwen, their keyboardist, screamed. She pulled out her iPhone from her pocket and went beside me. “We have to take a picture together!” 

Eventually, August pulled Ashton off the couch and took his place. “I’m in!”

And the clicks were countless. I didn’t know how long I had to smile for them; it hurt my cheeks, which were pink from their acknowledgement. 

“That’s going on Instagram, is it?” Amber asked, rolling her eyes.

“Everywhere, Amber. It’s going everywhere!” August replied for Gwen. She then turned towards me and gave me a smile. “We’re going to have so much fun later.”

And I think a bead of sweat fell off my forehead.