epilogue: dreams [last]

• Dedicated to ALL OF YOU ILY

EPILOGUE / LAST CHAPTER:

| michael’s pov |

“So, what does it feel like being famous?” She teased, intertwining her fingers with mine. She put on an amused expression, her brown eyes having some kind of sparkle in them.

Even after a year, I still had this fanfiction problem. I can’t complain though; fanfics were amazing. I just didn’t like how some phrases stuck with me until now.

I shrugged, not really sure about what to answer. “Weird? I don’t know.” 

“Weird? Why is it weird?” She sounded outraged– she wanted an answer, and now that I gave her one, she’s surprised?

Typical Belle.

“Because I didn’t expect… this?” I gestured towards the two of us. 

Sure, when you’re in a relationship with a band member or an artist, you get acknowledged, one way or another. I didn’t really anticipate fans of my own because I wasn’t anyone worth giving attention to.

“Michael,” she starts, looking at me and touching my face softly with her other hand. “You’re perfect in every way imaginable. I don’t know how to properly tell you all this, you know? But if I did know how to, I would tell you this every single day, I swear.”

I smiled at her, never getting used to her consoling me this way. It didn’t seem real, to have her here with me. It felt like it was just yesterday when she kissed me four times in a row. 

I still get the butterflies in my stomach remembering it.

“Thank you,” I murmured, leaning a bit, so I could kiss her. I always loved doing this when she was here. Absence does make the heart grow fonder; something I read from one of the Michelle, me and Belle’s ship name, fanfics. It was a saying, and I couldn’t agree to it any more than I do.

The longer she was away from me, the more I thought about her. I couldn’t really imagine what I’d be without her. I love her so much; more than she will ever know.

She giggled after I pulled away. “No, thank you. If you didn’t ask me to go on a date with you that day, I don’t know where I’d be. I wouldn’t realize what I was missing.”

“I’m so lame, though. Why’d you even like me?” I was curious, and I’ve been avoiding to ask her that question. 

“You understand me, Michael. No one else quite does.” She kisses me, our lips touching once again. “And I love you. I genuinely love you and no one else.”

I laughed, pulling her in my embrace. “I love you, too, Belle.”

“Will you teach me how to play the guitar now?” I could hear her childlike enthusiasm come back again.

“Later,” I answered, resting my forehead on her shoulder.

“Lazy ass,” she remarked, a giggle escaping her lips. She dropped her hands to my waist as she hummed one of the songs she wrote for me a while back.

And it’s my favorite– she knows it.

I chuckled and chose to listen to her faint singing. It was beautiful, even if it was more of a murmur. 

No matter what she says, I still can’t believe I’m here. I can’t believe I’m in her arms, that we’re together, that she loves me. 

It seemed like it was just a week ago that I’ve been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be. 

And really– even her music taste gets to me these days.

But for real, now that I was with Belle, there was something she made me realize. It was something I’ve always crossed out in the back of my mind.

Dreams do come true.

Author's Note: Thank you so much for reading Fanboy. Really, I appreciate it. I thought this fanfic wasn't really enjoyable, but with all of your comments (and votes, too! Thank you!), I was reassured. I'll be working on Human after this, so if you want to read it, you could check it out! But okay, this is the end of Fanboy. There won't be a sequel, sadly. :( But I love you all, truly. Thank you again, and hope you enjoyed it! Happy Valentines' Day!