Chapter 11 - Jealousy

Louis POV

These past few weeks have been miserable. The lads are worried about me too. I stay locked up in my room all day watching Dr. Phil so that I can feel happy that my life isn't as messed up as the guests that come on his show. Pitiful, I know. I also don't cut up as much as I used to either, I don't crack my cheesy jokes at random times of the day. I haven't been the same Louis for the past few weeks because Jen wont return my calls, nor my texts and I don't have the slightest idea why.

That was a lie, I know she is probably avoiding me because of the stunt I tried to pull with her when she was over at my flat. That was a huge mistake that probably cost our friendship which is something I cant afford to lose. She means so much to me and the thought of losing her makes me, well, how I am now: Sad and depressed. I guess I could go visit her at her flat, but then what would I say? I'm so very sorry for almost kissing you, I didn't mean to? Yeah, no. Not gonna happen. That would just be a lie anyways, I did mean to lean in, and I did intend to kiss her.

Honestly, I've always had this little crush on her since we were about 13, but I just ignored those feelings thinking that I could get away with it. But when I saw her for the first time in 2 years, she triggered emotions in me that I didn't even think existed. When I'm around her, I feel like I can soar through the clouds, it's like she gives me this sudden adrenaline rush. My heart pounds ferociously in my chest, my palms get sweaty, and I lose control of my actions. That's why I leaned in, because when I saw her I forgot about everything else in the world, like it was just me and her.

But she didn't push me away so maybe she wanted to kiss me too? Or maybe she was just too shocked to move. Either way, that day I ended up losing both my girlfriend and my best friend.

My thoughts were interrupted as my phone started playing "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia. I snapped my head up and ran towards my phone knowing it was Jen, I set that song as her ring tone because that was the song that she loved me to sing to her the most.

"Hello? Jen?" I quickly answered hoping that she didn't accidentally butt-dial me.

"Louis. I am so sorry. Its just- I just needed some time to think because it was all too overwhelming for me. But I went out for coffee with Harry today and he made me realize that I was just thinking about myself, and not what you felt. We cant lose our friendship over something so stupid and I hope you can forgive me. I understand if you don't want to-" I quickly silenced her rambling, though it was quite cute when she got all worked up.

"Jen, I forgive you. In fact, I should be saying sorry. I shouldn't have put you in that position in the first place." I said while pacing around my room.

"No, no its okay. You were just caught up in the moment, we can forget it." She reassured me, though she didn't sound too convinced at her own words.

"Yeah...forget." I said sounding more disappointed than intended.

An awkward silence formed between us and I quickly thought of things to say to make it go away. Then I remembered, the lads and I were going to have a little Christmas get together tomorrow night. God, I totally forgot about that until now!

"Oh hey, the lads and I were all gonna get together tomorrow for a little before-Christmas celebration. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you and your friends would like to join us. It not formal or anything, it's just gonna be the five of us and Zayn's girlfriend, Perry." I told her hoping that she wouldn't decline. I needed to see her again and this would be the perfect time.

"I will have to ask the girls, but that sounds like a lot of fun. Are you sure it would be okay? We don't want to intrude." She said and I couldn't help but chuckle. She is so adorable sometimes.