Chapter 28 - Little Things

Jen's POV

I stand here motionless in the dust as the car that Louis is in quickly diminishes from my sight.

He's gone.

I feel a single tear roll down my soft cheek while my hair sways in the unbearably silent wind. My eyes can't break away from the spot that Louis once occupied and I feel as if I'm in a trance.

He's gone, he's gone, he's gone. That's what my mind replays over and over like a broken record as if it's trying to get me to believe it myself. The dorky guy that I became best friends with as a kid, convinced to audition at X Factor, lost for two miserable years, bumped into at a club, became friends with all over again, and somehow fallen deeply in love with....is gone.

I almost jump as I feel a hand grasp my shoulder, forcing me to break my gaze from the driveway. My chocolate eyes meet the sympathetic, pale blue ones of Perrie. "Hun, it's time to go." She tells me with a small, almost convincing, smile. I nod, unable to produce words, and follow her footsteps to her beautiful Mercedes Benz, but not before taking a quick glance back at the road that Louis and I stood just moments ago.

"Here, put this on. We're taking you somewhere special to cheer you up." Lauren says and hands me what looks like a bandana once I sit in the backseat. I look at her blankly as if to say "what the hell?" and she places it in my hand with a small smile.

"I don't want to. I want to go home and sleep." I tell her finally finding my voice and trying to hand the bandana back to her.

"Oh no you aren't! The girls and I are taking you somewhere to cheer you up and that's final!" Perrie exclaims while waving her finger at me sternly.

I groan. "But-"

"No buts!" Sofia finishes with her arms crossed. I haven't really talked to her as much, but she comes off to be very...arrogant? Is that the word? Well, I've just noticed when she is around Liam, she tends to have her nose in the air cockily and she doesn't socialize with the rest of us. I can't judge her though, I barely know her.

"Fine." I finally give up not having the energy to fight with these girls any longer.

I reluctantly tie the bandana around my head and darkness overwhelms my body automatically making me sleepy. I decide to take a quick power nap while riding to wherever these girls were planning to take me. As soon as my eyes close, I find myself drifting slowly asleep and the soft rumbling of the car fades away.

•~•~•~•

"Jen? Jen?! JEN!" I jolt awake from my not-so-peaceful slumber as someone shakes my shoulder violently. I look around to see nothing but darkness and confusion drowns my features. I then remember there is a blindfold covering my eyes and a flashback of when Harry brought me to Louis and I's playground came flooding through my mind.

"Dang, what are you smiling so big about? We haven't even showed you our surprise for you yet." I hear Lauren snicker from in front of me. I feel heat rise to my cheeks as I realize that I'm grinning from ear to ear remembering Louis and I's kiss on our special tree.

"Oh-uh, sorry. Just excited for the surprise I guess." I tell her with a convincing smile and I feel her grab both my arms to lead me wherever she needs to lead me. When my feet hit the ground, they are greeted by hard concrete that clicks with every step I take.

I'm only walking for about 30 seconds before I feel one of the girls bring me to a halt. "Okay, there's some steps here so try not to trip." I hear Perrie's voice from beside me and I nod hesitantly. I slowly walk up about three steps before I hear a door open and a burst of warm air greets me from the inside. My eyebrows not together in confusion just thinking about all the possibilities of where I could be.