Chapter 16 - Truly, Madly, Deeply

Louis' POV

I ran down the stairs angrily because whatever that noise was, interrupted Jen and I's kiss. I finally build up enough courage to kiss her, and BOOM! It gets interrupted yet again. I make my way to the kitchen and see Harry laughing with Lauren. I stomp over to him, grab his shoulder, and yank him in my direction.

"What the hell man? What crawled up your pants?" Harry asked me with an annoyed tone. I roll my eyes.

"What was that noise?!" I exclaim having to raise my voice over the big crowd.

"Oh. Lauren and I were laughing really hard at something Cher said and I may have knocked over a few wine glasses. No big deal." He exclaimed while smiling at Lauren as if he were remembering the joke Cher told. I glare at him with cold eyes.

"No big deal?! That sound interrupted me and Jen's ki-" I quickly cut myself off before I could say anymore. He looks at me with wide eyes and I sighed.

"Never mind. Just go back to whatever you were doing before. Sorry for yelling, mate." I tell him while patting his shoulder. Before he could respond, I quickly make my way back to the guest room that I once occupied. Though when I enter, Jen was no where to be found. I groan while running my fingers through my hair in annoyance. I really need to find her so we can finish what we already started.

I quickly make my way downstairs and search the big crowd for someone that might know where Jen is. My eyes stop at Macy and Naomi, who are laughing at something Niall said. I jog towards them having to push my way through many sweaty bodies. Once I finally got to them, they look at me like I have two heads because I probably look really stressed out.

"Hey! Have you guys seen Jen?" I asked them with a hopeful expression. Niall and Macy shrug and I groan internally.

"Um, I thought I saw the back door open and close as if someone went out there, but it's like crazy cold out there so I don't know why they would." Naomi answered with a shrug.

"Well, Jen is crazy." I said while running towards the back door and slipping out trying not to cause too much attention. I turn my head in all directions hopefully catching a glimpse of that beautiful girl I have fallen for, but I don't see her anywhere which makes me worried. I run around the yard trying to forget that I am about to freeze. It's quite cold out here, I can't imagine how Jen feels with just her dress on.

I make my way to Harry's garden hoping to find her there. When I see a beautiful girl with her head cupped in her hands, I quickly run over to her.

"Oh my god, Jen! I have been looking everywhere for you!" I exclaim while sitting next to her and wrapping my arms around her petite figure so we can share body heat. I notice that she is trembling slightly and I rub her arms to create friction so that can warm her up a bit.

"I just needed some air, it was getting quite stuffy in there." She responded with a small smile. I was going to respond, but I got quickly cut off by a loud boom of thunder coming from the sky signaling rain is about to arrive. I realize I am correct as I feel a small raindrop fall on my nose and trickle down the side of my face. I look over at Jen and see her looking up at the sky in amazement. She has always loved rain, and she would drag me outside in the mud to play with her. I never minded though, because as long as I am with her, nothing else matters.

I chuckle and stand up from my spot next to her on the bench. It is now pouring down rain and the garden around us is creating sticky, wet mud. I quickly scoop up some so she wouldn't see and put that hand behind my back. I offer her my other hand and she gladly accepts, so I pull her up. I smirk evilly at her before smearing mud all over her cheek. Her eyes are as wide as saucers and her mouth is formed in the perfect "O" shape, but then she wears the same smirk I have.