Chapter 38 - Something More

Jen's POV

It's dark.

Not the kind of overwhelming darkness that seems to give you the uncomfortable feeling of being watched, but the kind that feels almost peaceful. As if something good has, or is bound to happen. As if you feel like there is a light at the end of every tunnel you come across.

I look around and see an indecipherable figure walking towards me at a slow pace, as if they were nervous or scared to approach me. Seconds go by and my heartbeat quickens, mimicking the persons loud footsteps against the cement floor. As the person finally steps one last step into the light, my eyes widen at the figure standing before me. His perfectly messy hair, swooped to the side. His beautiful sea green eyes that seem to bare into my soul. His full, plump lips that always capture my attention. His sharp jawline that clenches every now and then, showing his nervousness of this situation.

Before I can stop myself, I walk the last few steps that keep us distanced apart, almost as if my body is magnetized to his. I only stop when were just a mere centimeters apart and I don't know why, but my arms wrap around his torso, bringing him into a tight hug. He seems surprised at first by my sudden actions, but responds by squeezing me back and nuzzling his head in my hair.

We stay in our embrace for what seems like hours, not wanting to leave the comforting warmth radiating off of our bodies. But eventually we unwillingly pull away from each other, him keeping his hands firmly placed on my waist while mine stay at his torso.

He leans down and I almost think he's going to kiss me, but he turns his head and stops right at my ear. He lingers there for a while, his hot breath tickling my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "I miss you." Is all he says, keeping his mouth hovering at the same spot, his lips touching the bare skin slightly.

My heart flutters at his words and I bite my lower lip, not knowing what to say. I miss him, believe me I do, but I can't force any words at escape my mouth. He's left me breathless.

He starts to trail feather-like kisses up and down my law line, causing my stomach to flip all over the place. "Jen?" He questions in a low whisper, his lips leaving their contact on my skin for a moment.

"Mmhm?" I answer, coming out as a grumbly moan by accident.

I feel him smirking against my skin, probably pleased with my reaction, before hovering right at my ear once more. "I'm gonna need you to wake up. I'm worried about you." He says in a more serious tone.

My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "Wha-" but before I can finish, he leaves my embrace and walks away, never looking back.

•~•~•~•

My eyes snap open, only to be greeted by an unbearable white light that blinds me temporarily. I shut them quickly, trying to regain my eyesight while the surrounding noises full my ears. I notice a strange beeping sound coming from my side, a constant beat that is soon to drive me to insanity. I also hear ringing phones and muffled conversations coming from the background and I immediately wonder where the hell I am.

Deciding that my vision is back to normal, I slowly open my eyes back up to be greeted by a white wall opposite of me. I look around to see nothing but boring white walls and informational posters with a hospital theme. Looking to my right, I spot a grey machine that seems to be monitoring my heart beat, hence the beeping noise. Finally coming to the realization that I am in a hospital, my heart beat grows faster and faster as the nerves start to take over. My beeping machine starts to get louder as it probably senses my sudden change in heartbeat and soon, a doctor bursts through the door with a knowing expression plastered on his manly face.