Chapter 27 - Twist Turns

Louis POV

As the days go by of spending every second I can with Jen, my heart aches more and more at the thought of me leaving her behind. Today is the day that the lads and I leave for tour and I can't help but feel depressing emotions overwhelm my body. I will be separated from her for months at a time which means I can't kiss her, cuddle with her, and give her all the love I can offer to her until I get back. A nervous feeling makes its way to the pit of my stomach when I think of all the possibilities that could happen when I'm gone.

What if she realizes that dating me is too big of a responsibility and leaves me? What if she meets someone else that can meet her expectations, someone who doesn't leave her? As I think of these scenarios in my head, a pounding sensation booms it's way through my brain and I rub my temples to calm my forming headache.

"Lou, are you alright? You look as if you're sick." I hear a voice snap me out of my painful thoughts. I turn my head up to see Liam standing at my doorway with worry drowning his features. I notice him carrying a suit case and I groan in frustration while burying my head in my hands.

I feel a hand pat my shoulder and I shrug it off not wanting anyones pity. That's the thing I hate most about feeling this way, everyone always tells you it's all gonna be alright when in reality it isn't.

"Before you tell me that everything is going to turn out okay, I want you to know that I don't want your pity. I don't want anyones pity. So if you could just please leave me to my packing, that would be great." I spat in a cold tone. I know I sound really harsh towards my friends right now, but I'm not in the mood to put on a fake smile and pretend everything's okay.

I don't even understand why the lads aren't in the same condition as me. Liam, Zayn, and Harry will be leaving the ones they love behind too. What confuses me even more is that the girls, other than Jen, seem all happy and giddy about this who situation. It makes me realize that I might be taking this whole situation more awfully than I need to, but who wouldn't right? I guess I'm just not as strong as my band mates are.

As I'm yanking clothes out of my closet and tossing then violently into my suitcase, I feel two arms wrap around me from behind. Despite my awful mood, I smile and turn around to meet the beautiful golden eyes I have fallen so desperately hard for. I wrap my arms around her shoulders and nuzzle my head into the crook of her neck letting her heavenly scent overwhelm my senses. I place a kiss on her neck before raising my head to look her in the eyes. I notice tears welling up and slowly sliding down her soft cheeks.

I kiss all her tears away with feather-like brushes before meeting her eyes once again. "I don't want you to leave me." She whispers with her voice cracking. My heart breaks and I wrap my arms around her once more in a right embrace.

"I know, love. I don't want to leave either, but it's my job. I have to." I tell her with my voice muffled because of my head being buried in her hair that smells of strawberries.

"I know. Don't forget me when you're gone." She says with a weak and pleading voice.

I snap my head up and cup her head with my hands so I know she is listening to everything I say. "Jen, hear me when I say this: I could never forget about you. You are my world, you are the reason for breathing, you are the motivation for me to get up in the mornings just to see your beautiful face and hear your angelic voice. I could never forget your long, flowing, chocolate brown hair that moves in the perfect way when the wind is blowing through it, your mesmerizing brown eyes that flash of golden when the sun hits them just perfectly, your cute little button nose that is scattered with freckles, your full, plump lips that make me want to kiss them all day. All these little things add up to make you who you are. And I'm love with you and all these little things." I sing the last part and she giggles at the reference to our song Little Things.