Chapter 35 - Nightmares

Louis' POV

"Thank you for having us, Dublin! Goodnight!" Harry screamed into the mic to the crowd of thousands. His voice is filled with excitement and a smile is seen on his sweat-covered face. We all share similar expressions as Harry as we all run towards the backstage to clean ourselves up after an amazing concert.

That familiar adrenaline rush courses through my veins after every show and I bring all the lads into a group hug. It's became sort of a tradition for us to do this after every show. It shows how great of a bond we have, almost like brothers. In fact, I would call these lads the brothers I never had. I've always grown up being the only boy in the house, not even with a dad to throw a ball with outside. So I guess now it's like I'm living out those years with a bunch of crazy lads on tour just doing whatever we want.

Don't get me wrong, I love all my sisters and my mother with all my heart, but it just feels so great to have four lads around you at all times to bring out the manly side of me. I guess if I didn't have any sisters, though, I wouldn't be nearly as stylish as I am now. Either way, I don't think I could be any happier now than ever and for that, I am so grateful.

"Guys, I'm gonna take a shower before I drown in you guy's sweat." Liam says after we all pull away from the hug. We all reply with sounds of agreement before going our separate ways.

I'm about to walk into the changing room when I feel a hand clasp onto my shoulder. I turn around to meet the worry-filled green eyes of my best mate, Harry. "What's wrong, mate?" I ask him after a few seconds of silence.

He doesn't respond with words but just motions for me to join him on the couch. I nod and hesitantly follow him before sitting down. I just now see his phone in his hand opened on the twitter app and I start to feel nervous.

"Um, have you checked Twitter recently?" He asks me slowly while rubbing the back of his neck.

I creased my eyebrows together in confusion and shook my head no. "Well, you might want to see this." He says before handing me his phone.

My eyes immediately fix onto the screen before me and they grow wide in shock. On the home page is a giant picture of Jen and Josh eating at a local coffee shop just outside of town. His hand is grasping hers and she is looking at him with happy eyes, which makes my blood boil. Just because we had a little fight yesterday and haven't talked since then, doesn't mean she can go on dates with other guys! Especially Josh. She knows that him and I are on bad terms right now, so why the hell would she go out with him? It's not like we broke up yesterday, does it?

Just the thought of losing her makes a lump form in my throat. I can't lose my Jenny Penny, she is my everything. She's my reason for breathing, my reason for living, my motivation to continue on with everything. I can't lose her or I would feel like an empty shell all the time.

With this in thought, I quickly stand up from the couch and turn ferociously on my feet. Before I can stomp out the door to find Jen, Harry grabs my wrist forcefully. "What?!" I growl while snapping my head in his direction, making me somewhat dizzy.

"Lou, you can't solve this by taking it out on Josh or even Jen. You just need to get to the bottom of this. I'm sure this isn't really what it looks like-"

"Isn't what it fucking looks like?! He's holding her hand for Christ's sake!" I interrupt him in a raised voice.

"Louis, calm down! You know how good the paps are at taking pictures just at the right moment. It's their job to get a great news story wether it's the truth or not! Now, if you would calm down for a second, I can go ask Josh about this while you ask Jen. Calmly." He offers in a soft voice and I feel my nerves slowly returning to normal.