Chapter 37 - Missing Love

Louis' POV

After mine and Harry's heart to heart conversation in my dressing room, were now walking back to the stage for rehearsals. I must admit, I do feel a small bit better after Harry talked to me about Jen and our current relationship status. He told me that even though I feel awful on the inside, I don't need to let it show outside. It's going to be quite hard but I feel that if I really try hard enough, I'll be able to fake a smile for not only me, but my best friends. I may have an aching pain in my chest, an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach, and a numbness taking over my whole body, but maybe if I just pretend to be happy then I'll start to believe it myself.

"Hey, mate. Are you alright?" Zayn asks me as I walk up to the questionable faces of all the lads.

"I'm fine." I manage to say while curling my lips up, hoping a smile forms.

I never knew that the words "I'm fine" would ever be such a lie, but now I know what it feels like.

The boys all gave me sympathetic looks as if they didn't believe a word that came out of my mouth but I don't blame them. I wouldn't believe me either.

"Are we gonna rehearse or not?" I question, breaking the awkward silence that soon formed.

As I'm walking towards center stage, I take a glance over at the seats, usually occupied by the girls, hoping to see the girl that's causing this pain. But when all I see is Perry, Lauren, and Sophia, my eyebrows crease together in confusion and a bad feeling rises in the pit of my stomach. Deciding that I'm just acting silly, I shake my head to rid myself of my pointless thoughts.

Right now were in the middle of singing Little White Lies, a new rock song from our new album, but it gets interrupted as Lou comes running in, yelling something indecipherable. Soon the music stops and we can finally hear what Lou has gotten so worked up about.

"Call the police! Hurry! It's-it's-" Lou chokes on her own words as panic drenches her voice.

Liam starts to question Lou while Harry phones the police with a horror struck face. "Lou, what's wrong? What happened?" Liam throws questions at a a shaking Lou, who says nothing but a few whispered words that I can barely decipher.

"Lou-Louis d-dressing room." She finally sputtered out.

Once the words leave her mouth, I find myself sprinting down the hall towards my dressing room, the bad feeling rising in my stomach once more. I burst the door open to reveal nothing but the same room I had left just an hour before. My eyebrows crease together in confusion and I start to look around for anything Lou might have gotten all panicky about. But my thoughts are soon answered when I open the closet door to reveal something that made my world stop and my heart beat quicken by the second.

Jen's almost lifeless body is laying on the floor. Her face is paled, her eyebrows are creased in a bit, and her mouth is formed into a frown. I quickly lean down to her level and check her pulse, which is thankfully beating, just at a slow rate. I then notice a drop fall on her cheek and I realize that I'm crying. Before anything else, I carefully but quickly pick her up bridal style and her angelic berry scent fills my nose, disorientating me a bit.

Shaking my head to knock me back into reality, I run down the hall at the quickest pace I can go with Jen in my arms. As I near the main stage, my ears fill with the sound of sirens waiting outside. When I make my entrance, the paramedics are running into the building rolling a stretcher in our direction.

In no time at all, Jen is being carefully placed onto the stretcher, strapped in, and carried away by the paramedics. I follow them to the ambulance and watch them heave her up into the van. "Is anybody going to ride to the hospital with her?" A woman around the age of thirty exclaims.