Chapter 4

-Penelope's P.O.V

The loud speaker beeped in the middle of third period Monday morning, letting us know there was an announcement.

"Can Penelope Tomlinson and Lydia Thompson come to the office?" Papa called the school last Friday, telling my guidance counselor the problem. I got up, grabbed my things, and headed to the office where Lydia was already sitting. I gulped and sat beside her. Our principle sat across from us. He was quiet for a moment . 

"Miss Tomlinson. Miss Thompson. Nice to see you this morning." I looked down at my hands and picked at my nails, something I did when I was nervous. "I got a call last Friday from a parent, telling me something absolutely disgusting." He looked at me first. My eye was still a little bruised, but it was going down a lot. It was barely noticeable. "Penelope's father called telling me that you attacked her." He said towards my enemy. Lydia's jaw dropped. 

"That's such a lie!" I held up my fingers that she slammed into the locker. They were black and blue still. "I didn't do that!"

"Lydia, shush." Mr. Johnson said. "Penelope, did she do this to you?" I shyly nodded. "For what reason?" I just shrugged. He then looked at Lydia. "Lydia, why do you do this to her? What else have you done to this poor girl?"

"Nothing! She's lying!" I sniffled silently. 

"I don't believe she is. I got a visit last Friday by Sydney Crawford." My eyes widened. "She came and told me everything that happened and that has been happening. Lydia. Explain." He picked up the phone, ready to call her parents and mine. 

"She has two dads! How is that not an issue?" 

"They're just my parents. Just like you, you have a mum and dad you who live you, jut like I have two dads who love me."

"But you admit to doing this?" Mr. Johnson asked Lydia. She groaned and nodded. He right away called her parents and then mine. Within minutes her mum and Papa came. I raised my eyebrow, wondering where Daddy was. 

"Hey Papa." 

"Hi Mum." Mr. Johnson brought out two more chairs. Papa took a seat next to me and Mrs. Thompson next to Lydia. I took my Papa's hand, not even realizing it until he started to rub my knuckles lightly. 

"Good morning Mrs. Thompson and Mr. Tomlinson." My principle said. 

"Good morning sir." Papa replied. Mrs. Thompson said it too. I looked up at my father.

"Papa, where's Daddy?" 

"He had some work to do with your uncles today." I just nodded. He turned to my principle. Mr. Johnson looked at him and then to Lydia's mother. 

"Mrs. Thompson, are you aware of what your daughter has done?" I've met Mrs. Thompson when I was friends with Lydia in 4th and 5th grade. She's one of the nicest ladies ever on this earth; where did Lyida get her bitchiness from? 

"No, what did she do?" She asked with slight wide eyes. Mr. Johnson went on, telling her what her daughter has caused me. I found myself inching closer to Papa. Mrs.Thompson covered her mouth with her hand, looked at her daughter, then me, then right back to her daughter. "Lydia." She looked like she was going to cry. "You hurt this girl? Because she has two fathers?" For the first time, Lydia looked... guilty. I looked up at Papa, frowning. He looked down at me and kissed my head. 

"Y-Yes." She looked at me. "I'm sorry." I didn't say anything because I wasn't just going to forgive her. This has been going on for almost a year! Everyone looked at me. I glanced at Papa who gave a small nod. 

"I-It's okay I guess." Mr. Johnson looked at Lydia. 

"Even though you apologized, I'm going to have to suspend you both for two weeks." Mrs. Thompson looked down, ashamed of her child. I didn't smirk, even though I really wanted to. "Both of you can head home for the rest of the day. Penelope, it won't count as an absence. So go home, relax. You just need a break from all of this bullying, so that's why I'm suspending you honey." I sighed and nodded. " As for you Lydia, you're suspended for hurting this young lady" She just nodded. We were all dismissed. Papa got up first. Mrs. Thompson was out the door within seconds. Lydia glared at me without Papa noticing and left. I took my dad's hand. 

"C-Can I go to my locker first?" I stuttered. 

"Of course sweetheart." I led the way to my locker on the bottom floor, Papa following. "Wanna join Daddy and your uncles at the studio?" I just shrugged as I opened my locker, getting my homework. 

"I guess." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and walked me out to his corvette. Daddy must have taken the Mercedes to work. I got in the front seat and he got in the drivers seat. "Are you mad at me?" I asked, turning down the radio as he drove to the studio. 

"No I'm not angry. I'm kinda glad you were suspended." I raised my eyebrow. "He's right. You need to be away from all that for a little while." From being so overwhelmed, tears filled my eyes, but I was able to hold them back. "It'll be okay" He pulled into the parking lot and parked right next to what looked like Uncle Liam's car. We got out and went inside. Daddy looked over and raised his eyebrow. "She and Lydia got suspended." Daddy's eyes bulged out of his head.

"What?!"

"She's not in trouble Harry. Lydia is. Penelope got suspended because her principle believes she needs a break from school. Which I agreed with. She needs to get away from all of that for a little bit." Daddy looked at me and sighed.

"I'm sorry Daddy." I looked down, now ashamed. I picked my my fingernails nervously. He just sighed again.

"It's alright sweetie. He isn't wrong." He pulled me away from Papa and wrapped me in a hug. "I love you." I hugged him tight.

"I love you too." I let go of the hug and grinned when I saw Uncle Niall and Uncle Liam in the room. I ran over to them, hugging them both. I haven't seen them in so long. 

"Hey Penelope." I grinned at my Uncle Niall.

"Hi!" 

***

When we got home, my uncles decided to stop by for a few hours before going home to their families. I grabbed remote to the TV and plopped down on the couch. I turned it on, turned Papa's Xbox on and went onto YouTube. I typed in what I wanted to watch and hit play. I lied down on the couch and put my feet on Daddy's lap.

"You have chores to do." He told me. I just looked at him. "Then you can watch this." I gestured to my uncles.

"We have family over though. Can't I do it later?"

"Fine." I sat up and scooted next to him, lying my head on his shoulder. "Louis make food." I looked at Papa and laughed. "Please? For me?"

"Daddy that wont work." I looked at my papa. "Papa?" He looked over at me. "Can you please make me and Daddy a snack?" I was his princess.

"Of course my love." With that, he walked out of the room. I gave Daddy a high five, laughing. 

"I'm gonna help him." I got up and ran into the kitchen. "Hiya Papa." I went to him and hugged him. He was cutting up apples. I raised my eyebrows up at him. "Apples?" He nodded. "Boring." He looked at me.

"You and your father have been pigging a lot lately, I think you both should eat some fruit."

"Can we at least have peanut butter with them?" He nodded. I ran into the pantry and took the peanut butter out. I grabbed a smallish bowl and scooped some of the peanut butter in it. By then, Papa was done cutting up the apples. I thanked him and took the food out to Daddy. I sat next to him with the food on my lap. From there, we both ate and watched my YouTube.