Chapter 21

-Louis' P.O.V

Out of the three of us, Penelope was definitely the most excited about going to this doctors appointment. She's still guessing it's going to be a boy and so am I. Harry's determined it'll be a girl. Either gender, I'll be so excited and happy. This baby was going to be mine, like I'm the biological dad and that not only adds to my excitement, but also my nerves.

In the car, Penelope was extra quiet because I think she was trying to hold in the excitement. We were picking Julie up at her place, so that's where we were headed now. When we pulled up to Julie's house, she came out with her son who walked with her to the car. Her kids were all old enough to stay at home alone. They were all just a little older than my daughter. Once she got in the car, Penelope looked over at her.

"Thank you so much." She said. "For letting my dads have another baby, and giving me a biological sibling." Julie awed.

"Aw, you're welcome. Your dads deserve so much." Penelope took her phone out, and seconds later my phone beeped. Harry was driving, so I was able to look at it. 

From Penelope: Do I call her Julie or Mum??? Cause like, she is my mother.

I laughed softly. 

From Louis: I'd call her Julie unless she's comfortable with you saying mum. 

From Penelope: Okayy I'll just try not to use her name today (: how's that sound?

From Louis: Sounds good. I think she'd be good with you calling her either. I think it's great you have a small relationship with your birth mother. 

From Penelope: Yeah true, but I don't want her to feel weird if our guesses are wrong. 

From Louis: Don't worry about it. Today's a good day!

I looked back to catch a smile from her. At the doctors, being the gentleman he is, Harry helped Julie inside and guided her and the two of us inside. We signed in and took a seat in the waiting room. 

"What do you think it'll be?" My daughter asked Julie. 

"Honestly I have no idea. I want to say boy since you're a girl, so I'm going with that." 

We got called back after almost a half hour of waiting. Penelope's hand was really clamy as she held mine. She was nervous and excited. So was I, so her sweaty hands didn't bother me. The doctor came in and told Julie to lift her shirt so she did. 

"Daddy." Harry looked at his daughter as she grabbed his hand. The doctor rubbed the jelly over her stomach and brought the ultrasound wand over, running it across her stomach.

"Oh my god." I said once our baby came to view. I let go of my baby's hand and covered my mouth, feeling tears build up. "Harry, that's our baby." He looked at me with tears already pouring down his face. 

"Yeah, that's our baby. That's the heartbeat." He gasped as we could hear the beating sound. 

"Would you like to know the gender?" The nurse asked us. We nodded excitedly. "I'll be right back." She left the room.

"You guys, you're going to make me cry." Julie said. I looked at Penelope finally only to see her face stuffed in her dad's chest, crying. 

"Aw honey." I said, laughing. She looked back at me. Her eyes were red and Harry's shirt was covered in tear stains. It was really sweet, honestly. 

The nurse came back with an orange gift bag. She came back with pictures of our child and with a big smile on her face. 

"Congratulations. You're having a baby girl." My jaw dropped and so did Harry's, but he covered his mouth.