Chapter 13

-Penelope's P.O.V

The night that Uncle Liam, Kyle, and Aunt Kelsi left, I was a bit happier. Not necessarily happy, but I wasn't as depressed as I usually was. It felt good. Daddy, Papa, and I were sat on the couch watching one of Papa's favorite movies: Grease. Daddy had made some snacks and made drinks for the family. With Papa's occasional hum to the songs, I felt myself becoming tired. 

"Daddy? Papa?" I said quietly as my head was on Papa's chest. 

"Hm baby?" Daddy said.

"Can I sleep with you and Papa today?" 

"Yeah sure honey." Papa and Daddy said at the same time. They both laughed lightly before looking back at the TV. My profound tiredness took over as I couldn't stop yawning and drooping my eyes. Finally, without holding back, I closed my eyes. 

I woke up again, but the sun wasn't up. I was between Papa and Daddy in their bed. Daddy was facing away from me, with his back facing my way, and Papa was lying on his stomach, his face turned towards the wall. I was lying on my back, looking up at the spinning, ceiling fan. It was kinda cold in here. Why was the fan on? I sat up, but gasped as I felt it. I lifted the covers and embarrassment washed over my face. This was my dads' bed. And I bled all over it. I guess that was what woke me up. I carefully got up and ran into my bathroom with new clothes. At two in the morning, I got in the shower to wash the nasty blood off of me. When I was done just ten minutes later, I got dressed in clean clothes, and put on a pad. 

My feet debated weather I should say something even though I knew I had to. I tiptoed into Daddy and Papa's room and just stood there, looking at my parents. Finally, I maneuvered myself over to my Daddy.

"Daddy..." I said softly, shaking him. His eyes opened and it took him a minute to wake up. "Daddy, um.." He sat up.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I grabbed his hand and tried pulling him out of bed, and so he did. I pulled the covers back and pointed. "Oh..." My face turned a deep red. "Hey, it's alright. It happens to all girls at some point, baby." 

"It's embarrassing." He laughed softly, which earned a small laugh from me. I went over to Papa and woke him up. He didn't laugh, he was too tired to make fun of me. Daddy removed the sheets and brought them to the washer. "I'll sleep in my own bed from now on. Sorry Papa." He just smiled and wrapped hi arm around me. 

"It's alright kiddo. No need to be sorry. Did you take a shower?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I felt kinda gross." He nodded and kissed my head. Daddy came back in with a new set of sheets and I helped him make the bed. Papa hugged me once we were finished. "Goodnight Papa. Love you."

"Goodnight Penelope. Love you too." As we pulled away from the hug, Daddy pulled me to his chest. He kissed my head too and said goodnight, with one in return from me. I headed to my room, lied down, and drifted back to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I felt kinda sick. That was probably just from my period. I got up and went straight to the bathroom, so I could shower. After my twenty minute shower. I did my hair and didn't bother putting make up on. I know I'm too young to wear make up, but the world has changed and yeah, I wear make up. Anywho, I didn't wear make up today because I break out so much on my period, and make up would make it wayyy worse than it already was. I got dressed in a dark shorts and a cute white floral top, then slipped on a pair of gold sandals. I headed downstairs, I could hear chatting from the kitchen. I went into the kitchen to see my daddy and papa getting pans out so they could make breakfast. I went over to Papa who looked less busy. Actually, he wasn't busy at all since Daddy was doing everything.Papa jumped lightly when I hugged him.