Chapter 24

-Penelope's P.O.V

"Daddy." I said as I was doing my hair. I wasn't throwing up anymore, but I did have a small fever still. I turned around after I put some mousse in my hair since there was a sink outside the toilet and shower area. 

"Hm?" He said, not looking up from his phone.

"I'm feeling a lot better, so can I go to your show tonight?"

"I want to check your temperature first. Can you get the thermometer?" I finished my hair and grabbed the thermometer, and sticking it under my tongue before plopping down on my bed. Papa got up from his and Daddy's bed and made his way towards the bathroom. I stretched my foot out to kick him lightly. When he looked at me, I held my fist up for a fist bump. 

"Pshhhh." He said as our knuckles crashed then continued into the bathroom. The thermometer beeped and I took it out of my mouth.

"It's like, a degree over normal temperature." I showed him. He nodded.

"Yeah, you can come." Yes! Papa came out of the bathroom dressed in his casual white T-shirt and jeans. Daddy was up before any of us, but he was dressed in some light green button up shirt and jeans. I had on purple, pink, and blue tie-dyed shorts, and a white T-shirt. On my feet I just wore a pair of black flip-flops. I just put on a tiny bit of make up, so not a lot. 

"Ow." I hissed as I hit my toe on my bed. 

"What'd you do?" Papa laughed. I flopped back on my bed and held my foot.

"I hit my stupid toe on the bed." I looked at my toe that was actually bleeding. "Here."I said and hobbled over, and hiking my foot up onto my father's leg. 

"Yooo no. No thank you Penelope. Ew Harry look at this." There was more blood than I thought there would be, but it made the situation even funnier. I moved my foot and dug around Daddy's bag which had the band aids in it. I wrapped it around my toe and sat back on the bed. "We're leaving in ten minutes." As he said that, Daddy's phone ran in his hand and he answered it right away.

"Oh yeah, I'll come by tomorrow with the two of them to check it out." He grinned. "Thank you. Goodbye." He hung up and turned to look at me. "Tomorrow at 10am, we have a meeting with a record label." The biggest smile ever found its way to my face.

"Really!" He nodded and smiled back. "I'm so excited." I paused. "Papa, ya hear that?" 

"I did." He grinned. 

The next day, I made sure to wake up extra early. Way before I actually needed to get up, but I was just too excited; I didn't want to sleep. I got a shower and got dressed wearing, a pink floral top with light washed blue jeans, and on my feet I just wore white sandals. When my make up was finished, my parents' alarm went off, waking them both up. I just sat on my bed, listening to my songs, making sure they were good enough. I didn't even notice Papa getting out of bed.

"Morning kid, how come you got up so early?" He said.

"I wasn't tired." He placed his hand on my forehead. "I feel way better." 

"Yeah, I don't think you have a fever, but I just want to make sure." He said, getting the thermometer for me. I took it and put  it under my tongue, going over to Daddy and sitting next to him on his bed. I tapped my imaginary watch, since I couldn't talk, to get him to get up and get ready so we wouldn't be late. 

"I'm going. Just give me a couple minutes." When the object taking my temperature beeped, I took it out of my mouth to show my father. No fever. "Fever free!" He sat up and kissed my cheek. "Hallelujah!" I laughed. 

"Perfect timing too. That meeting is today right?" I asked. Daddy nodded before standing up. "Do you think it'll be a good one this time?" 

"I have no idea, but I'm keeping my word and letting you decide instead of me making it for you." I smiled and got up to hug him.

"You're the best." He smiled. Papa came out of the bathroom, since he took a shower, in just a casual outfit. Daddy didn't take a shower and just got dressed in something casual also. 

Before we left, we stopped by Uncle Niall's room, just to tell him we were going to my meeting. When we got to the cafe we'd be meeting this guy at, Daddy, Papa, and I headed inside. I held my dad's hand as the three of us walked. There he was, the man who could be promising. I looked up at Daddy and he looked back at me. 

"You ready?" I grinned so big and nodded. He kissed my head and we went up to the man. "You must be Mr. Jackson?" He nodded and smiled.

"Yes, have a seat." Papa sat down first, then me next to him, and then Daddy on the other side of me.  "You must be Penelope." He said to me.

"Mhm. That's me." I took a side glance at Papa then Daddy. He then went on  and on, telling me about his company and literally everything seemed appealing to me. "Wait so I get my own guitar?? You'll buy me any guitar I want?" He laughed.

"Or any instrument. We can customize a microphone for you too." My jaw dropped. "Go ahead and read over the contract with your dads." I opened the orange envelops and started reading it over. 

"Daddy, everything on here is good." I told him with a smile. He took it and also read it. He asked a few questions, but they weren't major. Both of my dads read it over and then looked at me and smiled.

"This is a good one, kid." I agreed and then as I announced this was the company, Mr. Jackson gave me paperwork that I had to sign as well as my parents. My hands shook from all the excitement I felt. When I put the pen down, Papa took it and signed whatever he had to sign and then Daddy did the same. We handed Mr. Jackson his papers back.

"Well, if it's okay with you, would you be able to come by this Saturday for your first  meeting, Miss Tomlinson? Also, all of your meets will always be on the weekends so you don't have to be taken out of school. And if you need to reschedule, that's no problem." I couldn't stop smiling as I squeezed my dads' hands.

"Sounds good! What time?" I asked in pure excitement. 

"How about 2 in the afternoon?" He asked, looking between all three of us. 

"Sounds perfect." Papa responded. We said our goodbyes and then walked out of the building. I was so happy and excited, and I couldn't help but jump on my papa's back, scaring him to death. 

"Be careful, kid." 

"Sorry, I'm just so excited. Daddy, did you hear what he said? I'm getting my own customized guitar and microphone!" I looked next to me at my daddy who was smiling.

"I did, I heard him love. Got any designs in mind?" He asked as we approached our car. Papa carefully set me on the ground and opened the back seat for me as he waited to hear my response to Daddy's question.

"I'm not sure yet. I definitely want an acoustic one. Maybe  one with dark wood and the neck could be sparkly. Alright." I said getting into the car. "Maybe I do have some ideas in mind, but can we go home now?" My parents laughed and got in the front seats, Daddy in the passenger seat and Papa in the drivers seat. I was so happy and could just feel my dream coming true every second. This feeling of joy and happiness and hope was so amazing and I never wanted to let that feeling go. Ever. This record label could be the turning point of not only my future, but just my life in general. Already, my self-esteem seemed to rise the smallest bit in the past ten minutes.