Chapter 25

-Penelope's P.O.V

Today was my first meeting with my boss and both my dads were obviously coming with me, as I had no ride there since I was a minor. Ya know, a thirteen year old. My manager, who I'm meeting today, is bringing my guitar and my microphone  and I'm so excited! Daddy was in the driver's seat while Papa sat next to him in the passenger seat.

"I can't believe this is happening!" I was smiling so big from the back seat. "Dad! Papa! This is happening!" I began to just sing one of my songs out loud, in order to practice in case they wanted to hear my voice. 

"You know, you've got a music style like your dad." Papa told me. "You've got like a rockish-popish feel to your voice." 

"Really?" He nodded. "Hm. Never thought really of my style, honestly. What do you think Dad?" 

"I agree with Papa," he responded, pulling into the parking lot. The three of us stepped out of the car into the sea of the crowded fans. Nervous, I held onto my dad's had pretty tightly as we headed inside safely. I sucked in a deep breath as we stepped into the glass elevator that overlooked every floor of this building. I was really amazed of the actual beauty of this building. 

When we got to our floor, I looked up at Daddy who then looked down at me and smiled. He kissed my forehead and put his arm around my shoulders. I grabbed Papa's arm and also made him put his arm around me, making me content. I was just really glad my parent were here with me cause they obviously knew what was going on and how this all worked, but I was still nervous. 

"Oh god Daddy. What if he suddenly hates my music? What if he changed his mind? Papa, what if he changes his mind and fires me already. Dad-" he cut me off.

"Honey, you hardly started. This meeting is a good thing." He knocked on the door and we were soon let it by my boss. 

"Good morning, Miss Tomlinson." He said smiling, putting his hand out to shake. I grinned and shook his hand, but of course my hands were really clammy and disgusting. "Come have a seat." He told all three of us and directed us to a couch in the middle of his room. He sat on the other one, in which is when I noticed the four mugs of coffee, well mine had hot chocolate. "So, first I want to hear your music again. I just want to get a feel of your style so I know what producer and what team I want to set you up with." Daddy fished into his pocket and pulled out the H-drive that he had in his pocket. 

I wiped my hands on my pants and waited for Mr. Jackson to plug it in. He moved the mouse on his laptop a bit before stopping, my music soon flooding the room. I looked at Papa's face which held a proud smile, which only made me feel really proud of myself. He looked at my proud face and planted a kiss on my forehead. 

The song ended and Mr. Jackson had a huge grin on his face, which of course made me feel so much better than the way I felt earlier. 

"You've got quite a fantastic voice. Did you edit your song by yourself?" I shook my head.

"My parents helped me." 

"Smart choice by using hardly any auto tune." I smiled so big again. "Do you have a song you'd want to release?"

"Uh, that one we just listened to is my favorite, but-" He stopped me.

"How about I call over to the local radio station and have them play it?" My jaw dropped to the floor. I couldn't believe the words that came out of his mouth. He laughed. "Can I assume the answer is yes?" I nodded my head. 

"Yes! Oh my god." I pinched my arm, but apparently I wasn't dreaming and this was REAL. He asked to wait one second and right away got on the phone. I looked at my daddy then to my papa who just kept smiling at me. 

"We're so proud of you baby." Papa said, kissing my cheek. He was being really affectionate today, but I didn't really care as I was way to excited to care about anything. Mr. Jackson hung up the phone and turned to me. 

"I asked him to put it on at five o'clock tonight. So, you and your family can celebrate the release of your first song." I was so emotional that I actually felt a tear roll down my face. "Excited?" I smiled and nodded. "Also, I've got a few things for you. Stay here." He stood up and walked to the back of the room, returning with a wrapped gift and a big guitar case. I gasped as he handed them to me. I enthusiastically opened the the guitar case and gasped even louder. It was gorgeous! The whole thing was a dark wood and it was trimmed with sparkles! It was absolutely gorgeous. And then I tore open the box and ripped the box it was in open, pulling out my microphone. Holy crap. It matched my guitar. The hand was like a fake dark wood style with sparkles around the ball part of it and the bottom part. 

"I love it all so much! This is exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much, sir." He just shrugged. "All my dreams are coming true." I sat back in my chair and covered my face. 

"Well, that's all this meeting was all about. Getting your voice out there and giving you your instruments. Can we schedule another meeting? At that one, I want to discuss some gigs and recording sessions." I just nodded. "Is two weeks from now okay?" He asked my parents. 

"Yeah sounds good, we just have a show that day. Do you have any space in the morning?" Papa asked. Mr. Jackson started typing on his computer, probably searching for space. 

"I have a free spot at 10." 

"Sounds perfect," Daddy responded, and soon the three of us left. As soon as we were outside of the building, I just started to randomly cry in front of all of these fans and paparazzi. Daddy and Papa laughed and both kissed my cheek at the same time. "Why're you crying hon?" 

"I'm just so happy." I wiped my happy tears on the sleeve of my shirt. I looked at my guitar case and microphone in my parents' hands. I just couldn't believe any of this. "My guitar and microphone are so cool." 

That following 2 weeks would change my life forever and I honestly couldn't wait anymore. This was the start of something big for me and with my parents there to support me, I just knew this was going to be something good.