Chapter 16

-Louis' P.O.V

Today was tour day and my daughter's final decision was to come along. Since it was April, we didn't bother getting a tutor. We'd teacher her still for another month, because by May, regular school would be done.  

The sound of my alarm at three A.M. woke me up. I groaned and sat up. Harry stayed asleep, so I shook him gently to get him to wake up. He sighed and got up. Last night we packed the car with our necessities so we could just leave today. He got up and got ready as I made our bed and cleaned up just a little. We were all just going to go in our pajamas since we'd probably fall back to sleep on the plane.

It wasn't going to be a long tour. Only like, five months. That way, we'd be home to see our new baby being born. Harry and I went to give my sperm two weeks ago and the process went so well. We were all crying. Even Penelope cried when we picked her up from Harry's mum's house. 

Walking into Penelope's room, I felt bad that I had to wake her up. She was fast asleep with her covers basically covering everything but her head. She looked so comfortable. I walked up to her and shook her shoulder as gently as I could. She stirred, but didn't wake up. I said her name softly and shook her again. Her green eyes finally opened and looked at me. 

"It's time to go sweetie." She yawned and nodded her head, closing her eyes. "C'mon." She reopened them, and moved the covers away from her. I kissed her forehead "Make your bed before you come down." She nodded. I walked out of the room and met Harry in the bathroom who was brushing his teeth. 

"She's up?" He asked. I nodded my head and grabbed my toothbrush. We heard her bedroom door open and then the stairs creaking, so we knew she was going downstairs. Harry and I went downstairs together and put our toothbrushes in our carry-on bags. Our daughter was on the couch sleeping. "Honey." Harry said. She shot up. "C'mon Pen." She grabbed her cell phone, book, and journal before following us outside. I locked the door and the three of us headed to the car. Penelope got in the back, Harry got in the drivers seat, and I took the passenger seat. 

"You alright beck there?" I asked my really silent daughter.

"Yeah, just tired." She said, clearly telling the truth. 

"Love you." I saw her smile.

"Love you too Papa." She looked back out the window. When we go to the airport, we got on our private plane quite quickly. My daughter plopped down in her chair and pulled a blanket over her, already closing her eyes. Harry and I sat next to each other, covering us with a single blanket so we could cuddle better. We were meeting Niall and Liam in the states where the tour would be kicking off. 

"Dad?" My daughter said from her seat. 

"Yeah honey?" Harry said.

"Do you have a pillow?"

"Yeah, wait until we're in the air, okay?"

"Mhm."

"Come sit over here kiddo." She got up and came over to sit in the chair across from mine and Harry's mini sofa seat thing. After take off, Harry got up and found her a pillow. He came back and put it under her head as he could see she was more than half asleep.

"Thanks." She mumbled, pulling her blanket further over her. Harry came back an sat down. We lied down and fell asleep together. The flight was an eleven hour flight as we'd be going to California first. Our first show was in San Francisco.

I woke up from hearing someone walking around. I opened my eyes to see my daughter rummaging through my carry-on bag. 

"Honey, what are you doing?"