Chapter 20

-Penelope's P.O.V

"Papa." I said as he was about to get up on stage with my family. He halted and turned to me. "Good luck, I love you." He smiled, kissed my cheek, then ran up on stage with everyone. I sighed and found a spot in their dressing room to just sit and rest. Whenever I see or hear them on stage, it just reminds me that, that will probably never be me. We had to go home this weekend because Julie was finding out the gender of my baby sibling. I was guessing boy, Papa guesses boy, but Daddy says girl. 

But, that meant an even bigger pause on my dream. I was excited for this baby, believe me, but I just, I've been waiting a while for my shot at fame. And everything has been putting it off. I tried listening to Papa and told Daddy about me liking a company he didn't approve of. That backfired and Daddy, like I predicted, yelled at me and told me everything I'd be getting myself into. After just that one time, I stopped and stayed quiet about my own opinions about my future. 

After today, it was Thursday, so tomorrow, we had to go home. 

I got bored just sitting around, so I went out to side stage to watch for a little bit. Daddy looked over and waved at me with a huge smile on his face. I gave a fake smile and waved back. Once he turned around and face the crowd, I sighed. The song came to an end and they took a mini break. They all ran off the stage after saying they'd be back and ran back stage. I followed since a lot of the security had to follow them in and wouldn't be there to make sure I wasn't attacked. When I walked into the break room to get a water bottle from the mini fridge, everyone was there. I grabbed my water and went to walk out. I guess one of the adults in the room could sense my annoyance or bad mood. Of course Daddy came over to me.

"Hey you okay?" He asked, slipping on a new shirt. I smiled and nodded. "I can tell you're lying, but I gotta go. So, you and I will talk about this later." He kissed my head and ran out. Papa looked at me. 

"You should tell him what you're feeling. I will if I have to, but I think you should." He said and also kissed my head before following my uncles out. I sighed and lied down on one of the very uncomfortable couches. I shut my eyes and allowed myself to doze off. 

-Louis' P.O.V

Harry looked over at me as I climbed up on stage. 

"What's wrong?" He mouthed to me. I just shrugged even though I knew what was wrong with Penelope.  He yelled at her the first and last time she told him she liked a company, ad since then, she hasn't said anything about any of the music producers. I don't think he really understand that this was going to be her life and she should be allowed to have a say in what happens. If she doesn't say anything, I guess I'll just tell him. 

When the concert ended, Harry was first to run back. He was off the rest of the night after seeing his daughter a bit out of it. She's his baby, of course he was concerned. But, when we got to the break room, she was fast asleep on the couch. He went over to her and sat on the coffee table, placing hi hand on her shoulder. 

"Baby." He said gently. "Honey." He said as she wasn't awake yet. Her eyes fluttered open slowly then closed. "Pen, baby, it's time to head to the hotel." Her eyes opened again. "C'mon." He helped her up and held her hand. She was so tired. 

"Daddy?" She said as I came up to walk next to them. "I need to talk to you, but can we talk in the morning?" Harry smiled.

"Of course, honey. You need sleep." My daughter let go of Harry's hand and hugged me for a second. I rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head before she let go of the hug. 

When we got back to the hotel, she immediately got changed into her pajamas and lied down in bed. 

"Goodnight." She said as her eyes were already closed. I smiled.