Chapter 5

-Penelope's P.O.V

Daddy, Papa, and I were on the couch together watching a movie that I picked out. In six days, I go back to school and so does Lydia. Sydney has been texting everyday, checking on me. She came over yesterday and we hung out. But today, it was just my dads and I. We were watching 'Me Before You', and I was trying not to fall asleep. I was exhausted today and my stomach hurt and my back and head hurt. All I wanted to do was sleep, but of course my bladder decided to fill up.

I moved Daddy's arm from around my shoulders and stood up. I tiredly walked into the bathroom. When I went to get up and pull up my underwear, I noticed blood in my underwear. My green eyes widened. No.No. No. I did not get my period. But I did. I managed to reach the cabinet next to the toilet and took out a pad. Daddy and Papa bought these women products because we all knew I would be getting it soon. It was Papa's idea, so thank you Papa. I put the pad in my underwear, flushed the toilet,and washed my hands. How do I tell them? I ran downstairs, nearly in tears.

"Daddy?" My voice cracked. Both he and Papa looked at me. I waved for Daddy to come over. He walked over. "I-I, I um," I nervously looked down at my hands. 

"Pen, what's wrong? Did something happen?" I nodded causing him to freak out a bit. 

"No! Nothing to do with people." He led me up to my room so it was easier to tell him. "Uh I got it." He raised his eyebrow. "My period." I clarified. His jaw dropped. Tears filled my eyes and lip quivered. "Hey, why are you crying?" I shrugged. "Come on, we have to tell Papa." I nodded and he led me downstairs. "Louis, we have good news." He looked at me. It looked as if he already knew. 

"Aw come here young woman." He knew. Well, I guess since he has younger sisters. I walked into his arms and cried. He laughed lightly and rubbed my back. Daddy laughed too. 

"W-Why are you laughing." I wiped my eyes. 

"Because it's funny." I shook my head. "You're officially a woman, my love. Congratulations." He continued rubbing my back and kissing my head. "You, stay here with Daddy. I have to run out to the store." I sniffled and nodded my head against his chest. "I love you." 

"I love you too Papa." He kissed my head one last time before rushing out the door. Daddy gestured for me to sit on the couch, so I did. He turned on Netflix and handed me the remote where I turned on 'The Vampire Diaries'. "Daddy watch this with me."

"I'll be right back." I just nodded and watched as he walked into the kitchen. An hour later, he walked out with a plate with two large brownies on it and two glasses of milk. He sat back down, pulled a blanket over us, and pulled me to him. 

"Thanks Daddy. You didn't have to." He smiled, kissing my forehead. 

"I wanted to though. You're my lil' bumble bee." I looked at him strangely, questioning everything he just said. Just then, Papa opened the door. In his arms there was a giant bouquet of roses of all colors. There was also a medium sized teddy bear and a rather large box of chocolate. A huge smile spread across my face immediately. 

"Papa." I went over to him, wrapping my arms around him right away. "Is this for me?" His lips formed a smile as he left his lips lingering on my forehead. 

"Yes. To welcome you into womanhood." I took everything from him but the flowers. 

"Thank you so much Papa." I set the bear and chocolate on the couch then took the flowers from him. "Do we have a vase anywhere?" 

"Yeah, Daddy might have to get it. I'm not very tall." Daddy followed us into the kitchen and reached above into a tall cabinet, pulling out a glass vase.