{22}

In the last chapter...

"I'm sorry." Luke started but noticed it click in everyone's mind, instant regret coating his expression,

"Evan wanted you to himself."

In this new chapter...

Jonathan was teary eyed before Evan could explain. "You and my sister? You two?"

Luke stepped towards him again only to be shoved back by Jonathan, "You and my sister are dating, Luke! You and Evan and my sister are working together! I should have fucking known! Your protection and loyalty is a lie!"

He bolted from the room, Ryan's hand gripped tight in his as they ran to their old childhood spot. Evan could only shadily ignore the states as Luke stumbled over excuses.

They kept running, tripping over branches occasionally. Ryan finally stopped his lover under the sunlight in a clearing of flowers in the wood. He cupped his lovers cheeks and placed a ginger kiss on those lips he'd missed so much.

"I love you so fucking much, Dennis. And i hope you still love me too"

Jonathan nodded in his lovers hands, tears straining from his eyes and gathering in pools in Ryan's palm. "I'm gonna sing a song...Almost a lullaby. Okay?"

Ryan knew how to calm him down, so he began,

I am a lion and I want to be free...
Do you see a lion when you look inside of me?
Outside the window just to watch you as you sleep...
Cause I am a lion born from things you cannot be...

Jonathan kept in his hands, nuzzling his cheek against his palm as he shuffled his arms around his lovers neck loosely, he keened his hearing to listen closely.

Ryan's voice was soft and gentle and caring, singing steadily even without his backup band or music. His voice rang out in the bark of the trees, the wind whistling curiously through the tree branch leaves.

How can I sleep at night there's a war inside my head
I found a lion hidden right beneath my bed
I will not hide myself from the tears that you have shed
'Cause I am a lion, and you are dead

He moved his arms around Jonathan waist and nuzzled his forehead against his lover's, "I love you... So fucking much."

It was the misunderstanding and the cruelness of people who were selfish that disrupted their peace. "This can be fixed. It can be salvaged..."

Ryan nodded, pecking his lover softly as they rested in the silence. Nothing was heard except the occasional whistle of the wind.

A sudden crunch disrupted the couple. A shadow loomed from nearby, even more shadows began to form around them.

With eyes wide, Ryan took one deep breath before grabbing Jonathan's hand and running. He always ran from his problems just to rebound with a plan.