Chapter 16

Zoey didn't come home until about 12 AM and she looked deep in thought. I stood up and walked over to her.

"Hey Zoey, Mia is already in bed. How did the lunch go? What did Treven say?" I asked her

"Thank you so much Nicole, umm it was fine. He just asked about Mia and I" she told me and still seemed out of it

"Are you okay Zo? He didn't hurt you did he?" I asked grabbing her hand

"Oh no! Of course not!" she said honestly

"Ok... just checking. You look tired, you should go to bed" I told her giving her a hug and the both of us headed up to bed.

The next morning, Zoey headed to work so it was another day with just Mia and I. We had just finished eating and we were sitting on the ground doing our daily session of tummy time when someone was knocking on the door. I picked up Mia and walked to the door. I looked in the peephole to see William standing there with a big, pink teddy bear.

I groaned and opened the door, "What do you want William" I said bluntly

"I came to visit Little Ms. Mia" he cooed at Mia and she giggled, reaching her arms out to him

I stepped aside so he could come in and handed the baby to him. I took the teddy bear from him and took it upstairs and put it in her room. When I came back downstairs, I saw William laying across from Mia on the floor doing tummy time together. I chuckled and walked into the kitchen. 

When I came out with two glasses of lemonade and a bottle of milk I asked William, "How did you know where we lived?" I picked Mia up and started giving her the bottle.

"You're my assistant Nicole, I have to know where you live." he chuckled

Mia fell asleep and I put her in the play pin in the living room so I wouldn't have to take her upstairs. I came back to the couch and took a sip of my lemonade.

"I WAS your assistant William. But you wanted to act like an ass" I told him in the 'get it right' tone

"Yea.. About that.. Julian really needs your help. He can't be my manager and assistant, since he has Dylan, Ricky, Timmy, and UTH." 

"He can't find another assistant for you William" I roll my eyes

"That's what I told him, but the both of us agree that we don't trust anyone else" He told me

I just gave him the 'are you serious' look and rolled my eyes again, "I won't keep dealing with your bipolar attitude William. You better fix that shit or I'm through for good, no coming back." I told him, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

I was putting the dishes into the sink when I felt 2 arms wrap around my waist, "Thank you Nicole" he smiled and left. I shook my head and carried on with my day.

A/N: Stay tuned for the next chapter! Zoey makes her decision about leaving Mia, William catches another attitude, and more!

-Taylor