Chapter 24

I feel myself being moved. My body contorts and I'm pulled from this horrific scene.

My eyes fly open, and I find myself staring at the ceiling. I slowly sit up, only to be stopped when I see an arm flung around my mid-section. I look to my right and see Damian calmly sleeping next to me. He looks so peaceful, and not haunted by nightmares. I silently grumble, at a crossroads. I wanna wake Damian up, but I don't wanna disturb him. I can't get up, because his arm is flung over my stomach, so really, I'm stuck here for the time being.

I lay back down, staring at the ceiling. My nightmare, repeating over and over, again. I close my eyes, waiting for it to stop. Was everything Kendall said true? Can me and Damian really ever be mated?

Does he even love me?

Surprisingly those thoughts alone were the soul thing that opened a wave of questions, doubts, and unwanted fears. I feel the bed sheets slightly dampen as I shift my position. As I do, Damian re-adjusts his position as well. He moves his arm off my midsection. Once I think I'm in the clear, I slowly try to sit up in bed. Moving to sit cross legged in more of the center of the bed.

Another Key Word: Think

I stare into space, unbeknownst to Damian staring at me from his position. He's laying on his side, head propped up on one arm. Being the Katana wielding ninja boyfriend he is, he uses his stealthy skills and manages to sneak his way next to me. He just sits there, staring off into space with me.

"Wanna talk about it?" He finally says, turning to glance at my tear stained face. When I don't say anything, he frowns. Then, he has the brilliant idea of wrapping one his arms around my shoulders, letting me lean into him for support. I don't feel like protesting, not that I'd want to anyway. I just lean into him, and pull my knees to my chest. Trying to fight the wave of tears that are about to fall from my violet eyes. "I'm here when you want to talk about it." He says, pulling my shaking form to his broad chest. I nod my head in a thanks, telling him that I know I'm lucky to have him.

After I'm all cried out, Damian, moves us so that were laying down. still keeping me close to him, and obviously keeping his arms wrapped around my form. He's laying on his back with me, laying across his chest. I gently close my eyes, tapping into my
enhanced hearing, I focus on his heartbeat.

*Thump thump, thump thump,*

He's alive, and breathing. He's laying in front of me. Not stabbing me with a sword, telling me insults or leaving me heartbroken. I gently close my eyes, feeling at least somewhat better about my nightmares. I steady my breathing, with Damian softly stoking my hair and occasionally whispering sweet nothings. Damian may be frigid on the outside, but he's a real sweetheart on the inside.

I gently trace my fingers on his chest, and tap them in sync with Damian's heart beat. I hear Damian let out a small chuckle, and press a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you...." I hear him whisper. Those three words send my mind to a halt. They make my cool turn to mush.

I close my eyes, positive thoughts in my mind, and whisper one last thing.

"I love you too, Dami. More than you may ever know..."