Chapter 38

You laid casually on the bed in Wayne Manor, staring up at the ceiling and trying to listen in on the sounds of whispers. Your apparent family was here. When they saw you, the seemed distraught and broken. Imagine when the name Kendall left your lips. Actually, scratch that, it did happen when they got there. All three of your brother's mouth's dropped to the ground. Except your 'father''s, he maintained some composure on the outside. On the inside, he was falling apart. He promised to protect you from him, yet you were kidnapped by him. AND! It wasn't even in Gotham! It was at home, where the entire pack was threre, all your brothers, even your katana wielding ninja mate was there! 

Your violet eyes continued to stay glued to the ceiling, wanting be in on the 'big kid' conversation. It was like they were all treating you like a baby! You were, sorta upset at them.   

Long story short, you were upset. 

Sighing, Y/n got up and sneakily sneaking out of the room and tip toeing down the stairs. Just stopping a few down, you could hear the intense whisper yells and grunts of frustration. 

"She is our sister! Let us take her home!" One your brothers argued. 

"This is just as much her home than yours!" Another male voice shouted. 

"So what!?" 

Soon, all you could hear were the shouting and the insults. Y/n peeked over the side of staircase, trying to get a glimpse into the room. When Y/n peeks over the edge, she finds that Damian is staring straight at her. She lightly spooks, running back into the room at Wayne Manor. 

Soon after, there was a light knock in the door. When there was no response, the door was slightly creaked open, letting a dim light fill the room. Just as soon as it opens, it closes. 

"Y/n, you alright?" A worried voice asks. There's a light sniffle in the background and then a creaky voice speaks.

"I guess...." You whisper out, taking a deep breath and continue to stare at the empty, plain ceiling above you. 

The bed dipped down, as Damian sat next to you. "What do you remember?" 

"Myself, wolves, and Kendall.." You whispered. 

Damian sighed, knowing this was a long shot. "Do you remember anything about being mated?" 

You stole a glance at his face, light puffy eyes and deep frown that looks like it's been there forever. 

"Damian right?" 

"Yes." 

"How did we know each other?" 

There's a pause. 

"We were close friends." 

"Is that all?" 

"Yes." 

"Then," You sat up, staring at the thing you held onto your entire life. "Where did you get this?" Y/n asked, leaning over and taking the charm of the necklace in her small hand. 

Damian tenses. I had been their decision to let you remember naturally, no forced memories.

So, you could see how he's struggling with that response. 

"You, gave it to me. As a gift." He said. You looked at him cautiously, knowing the feeling of being lied to. 

"Are you sure? I don't think I would've given this away... Right?" You mumbled that part to yourself. 

Damian was on the verge of stuttering out an answer. "Uhm...  You... We...Um..." 

You raised a brow at him and his suspicious behaviour.  "We were, just friends?" Damian quickly nods, and doesn't say anything in hopes of not letting anything slip. "I guess it's good to see you then.." You said with a small hint of a smile. 

"Good to see you too..." Damian calmly yet nervously replied. He wanted to scream at you, tell you how much he missed you. He wanted to tell you how much you should remember. But he couldn't. And that slowly killed him every second of every waking hour.