Explaining

Gretch walked up to me and stood by my locker. She was refusing to move.

"Gretch, c'mon, I'm going to be late to social studies. He already hates me enough!" I say, trying I push her. She was maybe an inch shorter than me, but she was very strong.

"What is up with you?" I say, giving up as she stared at me. She seemed angry.

"What's up with me? Me? You canceled going to Tyler's party!" Gretch crossed her arms stubbornly. I stuck my tongue out at her and she stuck out her tongue back.

"Elise won concert tickets, stupid radio show, and I have to drive her to see One Direction in concert," I said with fake enthusiasm. Her eyes widened. She was one of the few who knew about Niall and me. Her, my mom, Alyssa, Niall's family, and a few others knew.

She moved and I grabbed my books before slamming it and walking very fast. We would be late, again.

"So you're going to confront him, right?" Gretch asks, catching up to me.

"How? Do you know how many screaming girls want to meet the Niall Horan?! I'll be lucky to be able to see that blonde hair," I say, and Gretch nods. Yeah, she understands. We walk into Social Studies, and of course...

"Gretchen, Alexandra," Mr. Grudge says. His name was ironic, he always held a grudge.

"Sorry," Gretch said, and we quickly walked to our seat. I looked across from me and caught the eye of Alyssa. Her eyes widened at us, annoyed that we were late once again. I shrugged and she rolled her eyes before paying attention again. Gretch and I cared about school, but not like Alyssa, the one who would end up at at some great university studying law. Gretch didn't need school, though, she had sports. She was athletic and dedicated to being the best. Then there's me. I'm in between, sort of. I don't really have the really smart uni future like Alyssa or the future of sports like Gretchen. I would probably be something that didn't require genius-ness or a lot of athleticism.

The bell rings, and we all leave as quickly as possible.

"Guys, again? You are always late," Alyssa says as we head to lunch.

"Someone has boy problems," Gretch says. I shove her a little and she laughs.

"Guys! Spill!" Alyssa says, stepping in front of us. She was about the size of Gretch, but she was the oldest of us three. Some how, it gave her authority.

"Three hints: Famous, Heart breaker, Niall," Gretch says. I glare at her.

"So Niall Horan made his way back in?" Alyssa says slyly. I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Sort of. Elise got concert tickets, and I'm driving," I say.

"Well, at least you don't have to actually talk to him. You can just avoid looking at him and stare at the other hot boys. Plug your ears during his solos," Alyssa says. I laugh a little at the idea.

"I must have forgotten to mention the back stage passes, where we do meet them," I say and they both gasp.

"Take me with you, I'll give him a piece of my mind!" Gretch said, hitting her knuckles together.

Alyssa laughed and they pretended to be fighter for a second, flexing their 'muscles' and pretending to punch the walls.

"Weirdos," I say, laughing at them.

"Well, what are you going to do if you do see Niall?" Alyssa says. I shrug.

"Maybe I'll just say hi. It can't be that awkward, can it?" I ask.

Alyssa looks at Gretch, "Can it?"

We all looked to Gretch for boy problems. She was the only one who had actually had a few boyfriends. Alyssa had been dating the same guy for almost two years now, and didn't really have any exs.

"Oh, it can. Trust me, Alexandra, it can."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys! there's only like three of ya but thanks to my new readers! thanks again, love you guys! xoxo

-cass