Memories

"Look at you, Miss I So Happy I'm Going To Violate My Sister's Privacy," I say as Elise skips into my room and dances around like a two year old who just got candy.

"Oops, sorry, but we need to plan!! We leave tomorrow morning around 8 AM so we can have breakfast here and get there around lunch time. Then, we can go to the hotel and relax for a while and then get dressed and eat a quick snack, you know, because there's no way we're getting in those lines there, and then we'll have so much fun at the concert and then we'll go back stage and--"

"Wow wow wow! Hold on El, you lost me at breakfast," I say, calming down a blubbering Elise. She blushes and then looks over at my desk. She never went into my room, it was a no sister zone.

I made a few exception, but not for this long of a time.

"Is... is that our dad?" Elise says, slowly picking up a picture frame. I always felt sad that she couldn't recognize Dad because she was so small when we left him in Indiana.

"Yeah, it is. You were two years old in the picture. Look at those chubby cheeks! Something's never change," I say, pinching her cheeks. She giggles and looks back at the picture.

"Mom never talks about him. How come we don't see him any more?" Elise asks sadly.

"He...ummm... He was in a car wreck, and he lost his memory. He didn't remember us, or Mom. And he thought he was still in love with his high school girlfriend. They're married now, you know. Mom got a promotion, we came here, and he's yet to show up," I say. Elise nods, setting the picture down.

"So he doesn't love us?" I don't know why, but those words stung me hard.

"Of course he loves us, we're his princesses as he used to call us," I say, pulling her in a hug.

"Can we get back to planning?" she finally says. I laugh, knowing it was part of her need to talk about One Direction 24/7. I nodded and she sat across for me Indian style on the bed.

"So breakfast, travel, lunch, check in, relax, get dressed, concert...?" I say and she nods approvingly.

"And then we'll go back stage and get to meet the boys!! It'll be sooo cool! We'll take pictures, get autographs, just have fun! C'mon, I'll let you pick where we pick dinner....." Her face looked like a sneaking devil trying to get her way.

"Alright, I will try to have fun," I say, throwing my hands up in a 'I surrender you little trickster' way.

"Pinky swear that you, Alexandra Olivia James the third-"

"The third?!"

"Go with it! Now, before I was rudely interrupted. Do you pinky swear to try to have the time of your life? And if not for yourself, for the well being of your adorable, amazing, genius young sister?" Elise says. I start cracking up but hook my pinky with hers.

Okay, Niall James Horan, for the well being of my something about smarts sister, I will not let you ruin my trip... I think? Wait--- what did Elise just make me do?