Forgiveness

I woke up to banging on the door. I looked at the time, 12:30. I was taking online college now, but I still think this was considering sleeping in too late. Then I remembered it was Saturday. I looked to see Elise next to me, snuggled up in her blanket. The banging on the door kept coming and I finally got up to answer it.
"Alex?" Elise asks as I get up.
"It's ok, I'm just answering the door," I say and I see her nod. Then I realized something: what if this was Niall? What if he had come back? What if he was going to hurt me again? No, he wasn't coming back into my life so easily. I'll admit it, I made mistakes in this relationship too. But I never faked my love for him. He toyed with me until he was done with me and I guess I was stupid enough to come crawling back. But not this time. Wooaahhh, slow down Alex, I tell myself. It may not even be him. And it wasn't. But some part of me was disappointed when I opened the door to a police man. What?
"Are you Alexandra James?" he asked. I nodded slowly, still processing everything.
"We've tried your cell but you weren't answering so we decided to come find you. Niall Horan has been arrested," he says. My heart stopped. What the hell did he just say? Niall, arrested? He really wasn't who I thought he was. Popularity changed him for the worse and here I was, getting dragged back in.
"He told us to call you, that he needed to talk to you immediately," the man beside him says. I nod again, still processing everything. I was officially madder at Niall than I had ever been at anyone else. That idiot brakes my heart, then gets arrested, and wants me to go get him? I still can't help but wonder why he was even here in Mullingar. Shouldn't he be in the US? Uhg, so confusing!
"Oh, umm, ok. I'll go get ready and I'll be there soon," I say, waving good bye and shutting the door.
"Niall was arrested?!" Elise shouts when I shut the door. I thought she had fallen back to sleep, or at least was out of it enough to not hear that.
"Elise, I have to go. You can make a frozen pizza in the oven for lunch," I say, running upstairs. I put on some skinny jeans, a pink shirt, and almost a hoodie. When I grabbed it, I realized it wasn't mine. It was Niall's, he had put it in my bag. I would've switched it out, but I was in a hurry and quickly put it on. I pulled my hair up in a high bun and put on some light makeup. I ran downstairs as fast as I could and grabbed my purse.
"I'm going with you." Elise says. I was about to protest but she was already bouncing into the car.

Niall's POV

I sat in my own cell, waiting. Since I was Niall Horan, I'd somehow gotten them to go get my Alex. My Alex, I've got to stop saying and thinking that. She's not mine anymore, I blew it. I just needed her to see that I truly did love her, that I realized how much I missed her and loved her and needed her. I haven't slept at all since she left me, all of my nightmares have been of her leaving me for someone who can love her right. Even my short naps where overtaken by thoughts of her. And here I was, sitting in a jail cell for getting into a stupid fight. The man I was fighting was in the cell next to me, but apparently his dad was high in the government status and was getting out very soon. He also happened to be Lucas Johns. He always had a thing for Alex and was one of the main reasons I had originally been scared to leave Alex when I left for the X Factor. I was scared he would take her. And when he saw me walking to Alex's, he stopped me and told me not to go. He told me she already moved on and he was at her house last night, that she had cried over what a jerk I was her.
'You know, she tried to kiss me last night. Of course, I let her. She's great in bed, you know. Boy, does she really hate you. You're never going to win that chick back' he had said. That's when I snapped, punching him. That dick!
"Niall, you have a visitor," the guard says. She comes in, looking more beautiful then I remember. Her hair is in a messy bun and-- wait. She has my hoodie on. Wow, it looked great on her. I mean, everything looks great on her. I really need some help.
"You have thirty minutes," the guard says and she takes a seat outside my cell, but it's still just the two of us. We actually just sit there in silence for the first five minutes until I can't hold the question in any longer.
"Did you really kiss him, Lucas?" I ask. Alex's face looks at me in shock.
"No, of course not! I'm not exactly... your type, who would do that," she says coldly. Wow, ouch.
"Alex, I know probably hate me right now, but you needed to head me out," I say and she shakes me head.
"I think I get to go first today. Lets start off with, hmm, I don't know, something like... WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!? You punched someone Niall, you could've killed him," Alex says. I didn't know what to say, I just sat there. "Niall?" she asks, waiting for an answer.
"He said he kissed you, that you apparently were good in bed. He said that you hated me and that I was never going to get you back. I snapped, I couldn't he- no. I'm not going to make excuses because there are none. I'm so sorry Alex," I say, pulling my shirt over my head a little like I always do when I'm about to cry or am crying.
"He wasn't even at me house. We talked on the phone, he was worried about me," she said. No, how could I forget. She didn't, she couldn't.
"No, Alex, let me see your wrist right now," I say, standing up.
"I didn't do anything," she says. She was lying, I could tell.
"Alexandra, you didn't!" I shout, turning away from her.
"I'm sorry," she whispers.
"No, don't apologize. It is my fault. You shouldn't feel the need to. Dammit, I'm supposed to keep you and protect you from doing these things! I'm so so sorry, Alex, I'm so sorry," I say, and I look to see she was already silently balling. I sat back down on my bed.
"I'm so sorry," I say one last time, " and I love you, so much more than words can say Alex." I look back up from my hands to her face. It was emotionless besides the few tears that still slipped.
"You're times up," the guard says, coming in. Alex nods and quickly leaves the room when suddenly the door opens again. Elise?
"You lied, you said you'd take care of her. She was calling for you last night, asking your to make the pain stop. You've broke her almost three times now, and I know she's strong enough to only take a few more before leaving for good, or completely breaking. She's going to come back, but even this may be the last time she deals with this. I saw the blades and the scars. It could get worse. Take a lot better care of her Niall, or she's gone." and with that, the twelve year old marched out if there.

I was gonna wait longer but it's my birthday {March 29th} so yeah, thank you for all the reads!