Travelers

They say if you love something, let it go. And if it comes back, it was meant to be. Was this the same, or was it just me worrying about an old friend? I didn't know what I was supposed to do at this point. Niall... he was so confusing. Did he love me or not? Does he love me or not? I don't plan on picking a flower with the classic 'He loves me, he loves me not' but I did want answers.

I made my plan already. I would start off sweet, just until Niall was okay again. Then I would really talk to him. I would ask him the nagging questions in the back of my mind. I would ask why he lied, if he truly did love me. And yet I still wouldn't know if he was telling the truth.

Even after so many times, I hated flying. Heights- they don't set well with me. The fear of falling from so high up is constantly in my mind. Things always go wrong so how ironic would it be if the plane fell out of the sky? Maybe I should've taken a boat or something. What if a plane fell on the boat? My mind was going crazy at this point. I wish my life could be simpler. I hadn't seen or talked to Alyssa or Gretch in such a long time. I missed them. They're probably living their lives as usual. Alyssa is out with her boyfriend, Gretch is playing sports, and they were having sleepovers left and right. And me... I'm the one that's drifting away. Dating Niall, maybe there were more cons than pros. Cons: no time with my friends, traveling constantly, being away from my family or being away from Niall himself, the hate, the fights, the fact he didn't 'love me' in the beginning. Pros: I got to be in love with my best friend while it lasted, I made new friends.

But I was still on this plane that was heard for the US. I grabbed my headphone and started playing music. Sing, the new Ed Sheeran song, came on. I love Ed Sheeran, he was amazing. Sing was just another reason for him to be my favorite.

After going through all my Ed Sheeran, The Fray, 5 Seconds Of Summer and Little Mix songs, I was bored. Yes, I loved Little Mix and 5SOS. I loved a Little Me and Unpredictable the most. I could never pick a favorite. I also watched a couple YouTube videos. I loved O2L so much, they were hilarious. I don't know how long it was, but we were finally landed. I got off the plane as fast as I could and got to baggage claim where I got my small bag I'd packed. I stood outside the airport, trying to get a taxi. Finally, one slowed to a stop and let me in. I told him the address of the hotel Liam told me they were staying in. The taxi driver pulled into a grand building not much longer. I quickly paid him before walking into the hotel lobby. But first, taking notice if many screaming girls outside. I ignored them as I walked inside. It was extravagant. I admired the artwork and the large crystal chandelier. I made my way to the large elevator and pressed level 8, the one Liam had instructed me to take. I stepped out if the elevator and looked around the empty hallway. The boys always got full floors whenever they could, and it seemed they did for this hotel. I took a deep breath as I knocked on the first door I came to. Curly opened the door and smiled at me.

"Alex, hey," Harry says, pulling me into a hug. I hug him back tightly. I may not be happy with Niall, but it was good to be back with the other boys.

"Harry, who's th-- Alex!" Zayn yells, running to hug me. I let go of Harry and hug him next. Then Louis rolls his eyes, but smirks and hugs me tightly. Liam hugs me last and whispers 'Thank you' to me quickly. I just nod and sigh. I knew what happened next; it was unenviable.

"Just down there," Liam says, pointing to the last room on the end of the hallway. I nod and begin my slow walk to the door. I raise my hand to knock when I already hear sobbing.

"Niall, you idiot!" I hear him mumble to himself. Liam looks at me sincerely, and it's clear they've all seen this before but weren't comfortable with it. The boys go back to their rooms and it's just me now, standing outside a door. I could turn around, grab my bags and run to the airport. I could get out of here, pretend Niall was never in my life. This was my finally choice. I began to turn back.