Surprises

I should've known. The hate won't go away, even if I have been in the hospital trying to ignore it. Niall still doesn't know how much it hurts, but I promised myself I never would let him know.

"I've got the beautiful, amazing Alex James." It was like a bomb from there on. I loved that Niall and I were officially together, but the fans didn't. Why couldn't they leave me alone?

"Alex?" Niall yells, walking in the door, I hop off the couch and into his arms for a hug. He gives me a quick kiss and helps me back to the couch.

"You okay?" he asks.

"I'm fine. I watched the interview," I say and he smiles.

"Did you now?"

"Uh huh, and thank you. Those were very nice things to say," and I say that like a two year old. Niall laughs and pulls me into another hug.

"Gone, what, three hours? And I already missed you," Niall says.

"Ewwww get a room!" Elise yells and the other boys laugh.

"Zayn, lookin' good," I say and he strikes a pose.

"WE SHOULD HAVE A FASHION SHOW!" Elise yells.

"What?" Harry asks.

"We could all get dressed up in crazy outfits and stuff, it's so much fun," I say and the boys nod.

"LETS GO!" They all run upstairs to get clothes while I'm left downstairs setting up the camera. A few more days and I could walk again.

"Pink boa? Why do you have this?" I ask, opening a box Louis brought. He shrugged.

"Probably Phoebe's," he says and I rap it around him. Then I grab a hat and glasses.

"Prefect!" I say, pressing record on the camera. Louis walks across the room swinging his boa and we all start laughing.

"Oooo my turn!" Harry yells, taking another hat that apparently a fan threw at them once. It was very tall and he put on some bracelets and posed a few times as well. Niall had the same hat but threw on a trench coat and a stick that came from one of the plants in the hallway.

"Rockin' it, Niall!" Louis shouts.

Elise has the boa, tall hat, and the stick. She went with Zayn who had the coat and glasses. Liam didn't want to put on any crazy clothes and we all rolled our eyes at him.

I went to the video camera.

"And this is what we do when we're bored. Byeeeeee!" I shouted, the other joining in. Then Niall picked me up and swing me around.

"Niall!" I shout and Liam makes a silly face into the camera before turning it off. We all laughed and watched the video on repeat, pointing out hilarious things. Then it was 10 PM.

"Alex?" Elise says, climbing into bed.

"Yeah?"

"We have to go home tomorrow, don't we?" Elise asks.

"Maybe. It'll be Sunday, maybe we can stay and I'll drive you to school Monday," I say.

"No, Alex, I mean they leave Ireland for the US tomorrow. They're really behind since Niall wanted to stay while you were in the hospital," Elise says. I get out of bed and grab my crutches.

"Where are you going?" Elise asks as I pass her bed.

"I need some time to think. I'll be right back," I say. She nods and lays back down. I go to Niall's room.

"Is it a routine visit every night now?" Niall asks but I'm not in the mods for jokes.

"Why didn't you tell me you're leaving tomorrow?" I ask.

"Alex, please don't get upset," Niall says.

"I'm not upset... it's just... I don't want to lose you again like this. Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"Hey, look at me. You're mine forever. No matter how far apart we are, you're mine. I'm yours. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to get worried. I wanted to enjoy these last few days with you without us both dreading me having to leave," Niall says. I nod. Maybe what he did was best. Then he gestured for me to come in.

"No, it's fine, I'll head back to my home," I say.

"No, I want you to stay," Niall says, taking my hand. I nod and let him pick me up and set me on the bed. He leans the crutches on the walk and climbs next to me. And soon, I'm fast asleep with my head resting on Niall's chest. I didn't want him to leave. What if he forgets about me again? I know he promised he wouldn't, but he could easily back out of it. I just hoped he wouldn't. If he did, I couldn't trust him ever again. I never wanted to let go of him.

We were at the airport and paparazzi was already starting to come in. Harry got on while the rest of is said goodbye. Zayn and Perrie shared a quick kiss before Zayn hopped on. I'd met Perrie this morning and she was really nice.

Sophia and Liam hugged for a while before Liam kissed her cheek and got on. Sophia, I realized, was like me. She wasn't popular with the fans, either. I couldn't understand why, though, she was so nice. Besides, she made Liam happy. Louis and Eleanor were being their fun crazy selves before Louis boarded and then there was me and Niall.

"I'm going to miss you," I say, hugging him.

"I'm going to miss you, too, Princess," he replies, hugging me back. Then he kisses me.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you, too." Then he gets on the plane and quickly waves. I wave back and soon Elise and I were picked up by Mom.

"There's no way it will happen again, Alex," Mom says.

"What?" I ask.

"He won't hurt you this time. He learned his lesson and so did you. You both realized how important you are to each other. It won't happen again." I nod.

"Who's car is that in our driveway?" I ask as we pull up.

"Someone came to say hi," Mom says and I see a man waving.

"Dad?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohmygosh. I just finished After and... Well, if you've read it, you'll understand.

THANKS FOR 400 READS!!! You guys rock!! Love youuu

{ Cassi }