Mess

The cold air stung my cheek as the car door opened. It was probably because they were still a bit damp from the tears.

"Alex-"

"Elise, please. Not now," I say, cutting her off as I ran into the flat we were all staying in. I flung the door open, increasing speed at I ran up the long stairway.

"Whoa, slow down," he says, grabbing my arm gently.

"Don't touch me," I snap, pulling my arm away from him.

"Yikes," he says.

"You think this is funny? Everything is ruined. My relationship is ruined, my happiness is ruined, my family and friends respect for me, ruined!" I exclaim. He crosses his arms.

"You think that this has been so easy for me? Jess called, she's not to thrilled. I could never see my daughter or the woman I love ever again, Alex," Harry states.

"You're right, I'm sorry," I say, pacing a bit, "did you talk to Niall?"

"At first, before the boys kicked me out. He didn't believe a word I was saying," he says.

"What'd Jessie believe?" I ask.

"She knows that they make up rumors and stuff, but she also knows that something did happen when we first met. She said to call her back when everything was straightened out. Dammit, Alex, I can't lose them," he exclaims, running his hand thought his hair.

"I know, I know. Where's Niall?" I ask.

Harry points down the hall, "Your room."

"Thanks," I say. I run down to the room Niall and I shared. I pressed my palm to the door knob.

"They're fucking liars," I hear Niall's thick accent, "they said nothing was going on! Am I going crazy, Liam? Didn't they say that?"

"Niall, chill," I hear Liam say.

"I was so stupid, naive, ignorant. And to think she would choose me when she had Harry, stupid!" he exclaims.

"Niall," I hear Liam says warningly.

"So stupid!" Niall shouts.

"Niall!" Liam shouts back at him.

"What?" Niall shouts back. Then it's silent. Until Niall's voice comes out in a sad whisper, "Why am I never good enough?" My own sob gets caught in my throat.

"Hey-"

"Get out Liam," Niall says.

"I-"

"Liam, please, just get out," Niall requests once again. I step back as the doors open.

"What are you doing here?" Liam asks coldly.

"I came t-"

"You need to leave," Liam says.

"No, I'm not leaving," I say.

"Alex, you need to leave," Liam says.

"What I need is to talk to him," I say.

"Alex," Liam says, grabbing onto my arms as I tried to push past him.

"Liam, please!" I say, holding back a cry. Not now, I couldn't cry now.

"Alex, go," he says sternly, looking into my eyes.

"I can't!" I exclaim, let a tear slip.

"You've done enough," he says. I shake my head.

"You don't understand! I need to see him!" I fight back.

"Alex!" The voice didn't come from Liam the way I had expected it to.