Books

I sat on our bed that Niall and I slept on. It now had a broken bed frame but it worked fine. (No, we didn't do it you pervs, the boys were playing a game and Zayn smashed against it) I was reading Looking for Alaska for the millionth time. I don't even know how many times I read it but I loved it more each time. How do we escape the labyrinth? 'Straight and Fast' or Miles's version? I really didn't know, but is like to think Niall was sometimes my escape. And yet sometimes he was the cause. But that was it. You never really do escape it in my eyes. You can find paradise, but sometimes paradise isn't what you thought it was. Everything has some kind of fault, and maybe mine was being too in love. But right now, I didn't care. I was at the point of paradise and I planned I stay there as long as possible. I escaped the labyrinth but it's much easier to get back in then to escape. Alaska's escape was much more extreme than mine, but it was the same feeling of release. I cried at the end of the 'Before' part because I knew what happened next. I always started tearing up at this point but I forced myself to continue reading it was always. I was barely crying which was nothing compared to my bawling the first time I read it.

"Alex, the boys and I have to-- what's wrong?" Niall asks and I smile at him.

"This book. It's my favorite but I cry every time I read it," I say and Niall laughs a little.

"You are adorable," he says, jumping onto the bed and scooting up to kiss my nose. I snuggled into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. I quickly tried to finish the part so I wouldn't be crying again tomorrow. After I finished it and sighed, Niall started to sit up.

"Well, the boys and I have to go to our concert. You wanna stay here or...?" he asked. I knew he was conscious of me going to concerts. After the last one I went to, I would be too. So I nodded and told him I'd stay here and finish my book. Again.

"All righty then. I'll see you when we get back," he says, kissing me, "bye, love you!" he shouts, running out the door.

"Bye, Ni! Love you too!" I shout back as I hear the door shut. It was strange, but saying I Love You to him came so natural now. It was perfect to me, honestly. I really did love this boy.

After I finished my book, it was already late at night. Niall texted me about half an hour ago saying they'd be home in two hours. That left me with an hour and an half now. I pulled out my phone and looked at all the fanfics people had written about the boys. I actually liked reading some of them because they were either spot on about the boys or totally off. I read a really weird one about Louis before I finally decided I had enough. I walked around the hotel room and halls. I got some food, then I watched a little TV, then I played some video games that Harry hid in his room and I took them to Louis's room where the other games were. That's when I found a closet in the back of game room. I had played every single one player game in here and I needed a new game to entertain myself. Maybe there were some hiding in here. I began to turn the doorknob and it creaked. I began to open it when someone yelled.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" I turned around quickly to an angry Louis.

"I just--" I stuttered.

"Never, ever go into my room again! Do you understand me?! Never!" he shouts in my face. Louis was short, but he was taller than me by a little bit and he scared me.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't apologize, Alex. This is my room and I don't want you in here. Do you not get freaking privacy?! We're gone for a few hours and you take it upon yourself to go through my stuff? Honestly, Alex, you're impossible! You're constantly hurting Niall, you have this thing with Harry, and everyone thinks you're perfect! You sicken me sometimes. Get out!" Louis shouts. What in Earth just happened.

"Louis!" Niall shouts, suddenly appearing behind Louis.

"What I- oh, Alex," Louis says softening. It was clear he noticed I was about to burst into tears at this point hut I really didn't want to. This so wasn't like Louis. He was always happy and fun and he was like a brother to me. Niall opened up his arms and I ran into them, away from Louis.

"Alex, please, I'm so sorry. There's no excuse for what I just said and I'm sorry. I took my anger out on you and I'm sorry," Louis says.

"It's okay, Lou. I get it, I forgive you," I tell him. I really did get it.

"God, I'm so sorry," he says, sitting down on the edge of his bed. I sit down next to him.

"It's okay, I think we're all just tired. Goodnight," I tell him, giving him a hug before leaving with Niall. Niall was fuming and I knew he was mad at Louis. Alex to the rescue.

"Ni, it's okay. He apologized and is forgave him so it's okay," I tell him.

"He shouldn't have said that stuff to you. You're the best thing that ever happened to me, Alex. Just because some fans started trashing Eleanor doesn't mean he has to hurt my girlfriend!" Niall says. I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head in his chest while he wraps his arms around me. It had been too long.

"I know, but you need to let this go. He's one if your best friends," I say, looking up at him. He just kept looking straight, like he didn't want to face me. I put my head back down and we stay like this for a while.

"C'mon," Niall finally says, breaking the hug and taking my hand to drag me to our room. We both changed into comfy pjs. I made Niall go into the bathroom when I changed. I was still self conscious about myself and was always scared of other peoples opinions. Niall came back into the room and he had a movie.

"Where'd you get a movie in the bathroom?" I ask and he laughs.

"I bought this. It's not even out for about two more months but I talked it over with some friends and I got it," he says, handing me a movie. I look at the cover and practically scream. It was The Fault In Our Stars. It was one of my favorites! Obviously, I loved all John Green books. But this was amazing. Niall smiled again.

"Eight years," he says and I look at him, puzzled. What did I miss?

"Eight years since you moved in next door to me," he says. I blush and look down at the movie again.

"I can't believe you remember that," I say, looking back up at his smiling face. He shrugs and says its nothing but I know it's something. Louis is right. I don't deserve this boy at all. I have hurt him and messed with his heart and I am a horrible and selfish person for that. But I loved him and any moment away from was my worst, even if my pride and ego wouldn't let me admit it. I don't deserve him, not the other way around. And yet, I was still here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote/Comment/whatever you want

Thanks!