Night to Remember

It will be a week from tomorrow that I saw Niall. Niall hasn't done anything, which didn't surprise me. I got in my car and quickly drive to my apartment. I go home once or twice a month. It's a three hour drive from here to Mullingar. Well, at least it wasn't a different continent like Alyssa. She wanted to come to Ireland to get in touch with lost family and learn about her culture. So ended up staying, and thank God she did. Without her or Gretch, I'd lose it.

I grabbed my bag and walked into my apartment. I'd moved out of the dorms this year and got my own place, where it was quiet and I could actually sleep. I ate pretzels and watched a little TV when the doorbell rang. Who on Earth... I opened the door.

"Hi," he says.

"How did you figure out where I live?!" I exclaim, a little creeped out.

"C'mon, we were neighbors once. I just went home, and Elise spilled," he says.

Remind me to kill her later.

"Would you mind if I come in? It's not best for me to stand out here without any body guards or disguise," Niall says. I nod and he walks in.

"Your own place," he says.

"What do you want, Niall?" I ask.

"You said to prove I still cared, that I wasn't lying and that you can trust me. I'm here to do just that," he says. He had on white jeans and a short sleeve shirt with a hoodie and tennis shoes. I guess my dark blue skinny jeans and whitish pinkish shirt with Vans works.

"And how do you plan to do that?" I ask. He grabs my arm and pulls me out of the apartment and into his car.

"Niall!" I exclaim as he buckles me in and gets in on the other side. So we're driving off to... Mullingar?

"Niall, are you taking me back home?" I demand. He smirks.

"That's for you to know and for you to find out. OHMYGOSH PIZZA!" Niall exclaims, pulling over into a parking lot. Then he gets out of the car and runs over to open my door.

"Is this part of your plan?" I ask.

"Honestly, no. I just love pizza. And you do, too," he says, racing inside. Well, maybe Niall hasn't completely changed. He ordered it quickly and we ate in the car. I mean, I was starving.

"I remember when you were trying to impress that Bradley at our school but slipped and got pizza all over you!" Niall says. I was cracking up.

"And then you had to help me get up and punched him for laughing!" I say.

"Oh man, I was so scared of what my mum and dad would think if I went home saying I gave a guy a bloody nose," Niall says. We kept laughing.

We pulled up to a small creek.

"We used to play around here," I say. I remembered it perfectly well.

"Yeah, and other things," he says. I shoved him and he laughed.

"Pervert! It was maybe one or two kisses," I say, walking down with him.

"Well, you were a great kisser."

"Are we having this conversation?" I say and he laughs again.

"Ah!" I screamed, slipping on one of the rocks. I felt myself falling.

"Alex!" Niall grabs my arm and pulls me down towards him, the rocks I was standing on falling down into the creek.

"Thanks," I say, looking up at him.

"No problem," he says, continuing to walk. Then he stopped by a tree.

"This was it," Niall says. I nod my head. This was where he asked me to be his girlfriend, kissed me for the first time, and told me he loved me.

"Niall, why are we here?" I ask.

"This is where I lived some of the happiest moments of my life with you, Alex. Who says I can't come back and bring you with me?" Niall says.

"Niall. I'm just not ready to forgive and forget. You hurt me," I say. He sits down on the rocks by the creek. I sat down next to him.

"I hate knowing I hurt you, Alex. I hate it. I hate me for hurting you. I hate that I can't make up those four years that I left you hurting and wondering. I hate it. I should've never joined that band, know one would be hurt," he says.

"Niall, don't say that. I never said I wasn't proud of you. You chased your dreams and look at you! You're in a world famous band, you're an amazing singer and guitar player, you have like three albums or something like that. Niall, I'm proud of you," I say.

"What about you, huh? What have you done?" he asks, standing up.

"Nothing, but--"

"That's what I thought. I've been living the dream while you've been here hurting. And I could've made it better, I could've helped you. But I didn't, Alex, until now. And now is too late," he says. He sighs, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done this."

"Niall!" I shout as he walked away.

"Niall James Horan!" I shout again.

"Don't walk away from me again!"

He stops. I run after him and stand in front of him.

"Niall. I went to college. I made two amazing best friends that help me through everything. I'm getting a degree to become a doctor and I'm ok with my life," I say, "I made it better myself. You didn't have to help me. I don't need pity, Niall. And neither do you. We did what we wanted in life, we got what we wanted. I'm ok."

He looks down at his shoes.

"C'mon," I say, extending a hand.

"What?"

"C'mon!" He takes my hand and I pull him threw the woods. I stopped at a tree, the maple one.

"Here it is," I say, smiling.

"It's a tree, Alex," Niall says.

"Oh really? Look up!" I say. He looks and his eyes get wide.

"The swing!" He started climbing a few branches.

"Be careful!" I shouted as he finally reached the branch the swing had been wrapped around.

"Got it!" he shouted climbing down. I hopped on the swing.

"Push me!" I begged. He laughed.

"You're almost 20!" Niall shouts.

"And your point is?" He nods and pushes me. We take turns laughing and swinging until it's about 10 o'clock.

"Well, I had fun," Niall says.

"Me too," I say as we walk up to my apartment.

"NIALL! OVER HERE!" someone yells.

"WHO'S THE NEW GIRL!" yells another. Niall curses under his breath and grabs my hand. We run into my room and lock the door.

"You wouldn't mind if I...?"

"Yeah, sure. Umm spare bedroom, down the hall," I say. It was midnight now. "Good night Niall!" I shouted.

"Good night Alex!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex and Niall ship name? Nalex? I have more fun making ship names than dancing, and I love dancing. As my friend once said, "WHAT THE HECK!" This Liam thing is stupid. I like Duck Dynasty. You gonna attack me? Oh my God, leave him alone!! Don't call yourself a fan and then go attack the boys. *disgusted*

{ Cassi }