Kady

"Lisa, I need you to come over as soon as possible."
"Why?" her voice was scratchy over the phone.
"Just come over please," I begged.
"Okay," then there was a beep. She hung up the phone. I sat there impatiently waiting, searching things that would just scare me more. All of a sudden a knock on the door made me jump. I got up and answered it quickly.
"Oh thank gosh Lisa, it's just you." We talked for a while then there was another knock on my door. I got up to go answer it, not expecting anyone else. I opened the door, and to my surprise Lisa was standing there.
"Sorry I was so late, I had to tell my mom you had an emergency, so that I could come over," Lisa walked in and sat down on the sofa. I shut the door.
"Lisa, I was just talking to you a few minutes ago," my voice shaky.
"That's impossible, I just got here."
"We were in my room talking about that little girls laugh I heard behind me when I was walking to the school."
"What little girls laugh?" she looked very confused.
"Just a second." I got up to go see who it was that I let into my house, and nobody was there. Maybe I'm just too paranoid, and thought that all of this happened.
"You okay?" I jumped at the sound of Lisa's voice behind me.
"I don't know, maybe I'm just tired. Do you think you can spend the night tonight? I don't really feel safe being alone."
"I guess I could see, but tell me what it is that's bugging you," she pulled out her phone.
"I was walking up to the school, because I forgot my homework. Everything was dead. There were no cars, and nobody outside at all, except a cat. I stopped at the stop sign on Seventh Street to check my phone. The time was eight o'clock. Then out of nowhere I heard someone behind me giggling, then I hear a little girl's voice say, "Let's play a game." I turned around quickly, and no one was there. I was so creeped out that I walked very quickly, sort of running back to my house, and that is when I called you. About five minutes later there was a knock on my door, and you were standing there. I let you in and told you about the little girl. Then about a few minutes later here you were knocking on my door again. I went to go see who I let into my house, and nobody was there."
Lisa looked at me very strangely. The look you give someone telling them that they are crazy, or "you are making this up? Right?" I know that her look meant both meanings.
"So, you think you saw a ghost?"
"I don't know, but I want to find out what it was."
"You're crazy," she said this in a serious tone of voice. I could tell that she was serious by the look she was giving me, but whatever, or whoever this is, I'm going to find out, and nothing is going to stop me.