Kady's Mom

I was dreaming. Everything was perfect, Kady was still a little girl, and everything was peaceful.

  "Kady, it's time to come back inside now!"

  "Coming mommy!" she giggled as she ran through the sunflower field back to me. There was still that gleam her chocolate eyes and freckles covering her nose. Her hair was still that honey blonde color that it is now, and she was so full of life.
  I woke up to a fresh sunburn of reality, and realized my baby girl will probably never be back home again. She's going to hate me for letting them put her in a mental hospital, and once she gets released and comes back home, she's going to pack up all of her stuff and leave for good.

  "Kady!" I yelled to myself as I started crying. I started to hear the floors creak. I stopped crying and got out of bed. "Kady?" I asked, but nobody responded. Maybe I am just paranoid. "Kady, it's okay," there was still no response. I turned back around and headed back to my room when I heard a voice from behind me.

  "But is it okay for you?" It was a girl's voice. Before I could turn back around everything went black. I could no longer see or hear anything anymore. Everything was cold, but then I saw a gleam of light. I got up and went towards it.

  "One down, three more to go."