Lisa

The night was so peaceful and calm, it looked like it was about to rain. Usually I'd be sitting, or walking around outside, but my throat was killing me.
It was around seven-forty-five at night when I went to go lay down in my bed. My bed was hugging me softly, and it just felt good to lay there like a cat sleeping on plush. My head ached real bad like it had been hit against the wall, and I could barely talk.
My phone started to ring, and that's when I had wished I shut it off.
"Hello?" my throat started to burn.
"Lisa, I need you to come over as soon as possible," her voice was very stern.
"Why?"
"Just come over, please," she was begging.
"Okay." I had to hang up the phone, because I couldn't bare to talk anymore, and just agreeing with her was better than arguing with her.
It took almost twenty minutes to convince my mom that Kady had an emergency. By the time she finally let me go, I had to drink hot water to make my throat feel better.
I threw on a light jacket, and began to walk to Kady's house; I really wish my mom would have given me a ride, but it was too painful to ask, and she hadn't offered.
Ten minutes later I arrived at Kady's house. I stopped outside the door for a minute, because I thought I had heard her talking to someone, but that was probably just the T.V. I began to knock.
"Sorry I was so late, I had to tell my mom you had an emergency, so that I could come over." I seriously hoped she didn't want to have a long conversation.
I walked in and sat down on the sofa waiting for Kady to talk. Kady's face was flushed, and she looked confused. Finally; after what felt like hours, she began to speak.
"Lisa, I was just talking to you a few minutes ago," her voice was shaky.
"That's impossible, I just got here," unless she was talking about over the phone, but that was almost a hour ago.
"We were in my room talking about that little girl's laugh I heard behind me when I was walking to the school." Why on earth was she walking to school on a Friday this late at night.
"What little girl's laugh?" I had to sound interested, I mean she is my best friend.
"Just a second," Kady went looking for something, and I really just wanted to go home and sleep. I got up to go see what she was doing.
"You okay?" she had to be paranoid about something, because she jumped at the sound of my voice.
"I don't know, maybe I'm just tired. Do you think you can spend the night tonight?" only if we actually sleep.
"I don't really feel safe being alone." I might as well say ok, so that she stops bugging me.
"I guess I could see, but tell me what it is that's bugging you," I began to text my mom.
For the past half hour she went on about some girl that wasn't really there, and a game, and giggling; somehow a cat was in the story.
"So, you think you saw a ghost?" Please leave me alone.
"I don't know, but I want to find out what it is."
"You're crazy."