Kady

"Mom I'm not going to dads!"
    "Kady Adelle Watson! You do not raise your tone of voice with me like that again young lady!"
    "Mom! He does things to me! I don't want to go!"
    "Kady you can end that bs right now! Your father does nothing to you! I raised you better than that! You do not tell me lies like that!"
    "Fine! Talk to him! Ask him!"
    "I'll call him right now then!"
    "Fine!"
    My mom dialed his number into the phone. I could hear the phone began to ring.
    "Hello?" His voice sounded drowsy. He must of been drinking again.
    "Kyle, do you touch Kady in places?" this just sounded awkward.
    "Kady? How is she?"
    "She's great."
    "Tell her I can't wait to see her tomorrow."
    "I will."
    "Okay bye Marian," he hung up the phone.
    "Your father did not say one thing about doing things to you."
    "He didn't even answer the question! He completely avoided it!"
    "Kady! Get over your damn self! The world does not revolve around you!"
    "Mom! I'm not lying to you! I promise!"
    "You do this every damn time before going to his house! I just don't think you want to see him!"
    "I don't want to see him! That's why I tell you these things! Why don't you believe me!? What did I ever do to you!?"
    "Kady damn it! Go to your room!"
    "Mom!"
    "Now!"
    I stomped off into my room. As soon as I got in there I closed the door and started crying. I don't know why she doesn't believe me. I have never once lied to her in my life. I miss whenever she used to hold me in her arms, stroke my hair, and tell me everything was going to be okay. I wish she was still like that, but something has messed with her. She isn't the mom she used to be. I opened my window and looked up at the sky. I saw the first star shining and shimmering. The rest of the stars seemed dull compared to it. I chanted the verse I used to chant when I was younger and wanted my parents to stop arguing. I chanted, "Starlight, Star bright. First star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, I wish the wish that I wish tonight." I silently wished that my mom would be herself once again.