19

Lucy closed her eyes. "I love you too... Natsu. And that's why I have to go."

Natsu pulled away. "Lucy-"

"there's a chance that you won't have to kill me..." Lucy said.

Natsu looked at her, his eyes letting loose every emotion he had. "We all now that there is no way of defeating you!"

"I will still be there when all of that happens, and I will be fighting the darkness, Natsu." Lucy said softly.

Some guild members were crying, watching this exchange. Others were nodding, or just staring in disbelief that they had just admitted to each other and pretending that it was no deal.

"L-Lucy.... I don't want to fight you...." Natsu said, and he hugged her.

Lucy buried her face in his shoulder and sobbed.

The guild watched, in silence.

_time skip into an hour_

The guild eventually turned back and went to the guild to deliver the news to Makarov, and the ones who stayed.

Lucy and Natsu walked slowly back to Lucy's house.

They were quiet, but they walked close. As they walked, people stared, but veered away seeing the vicious female​ mage.

When they reached her house, Lucy turned to Natsu.

"Remember, Luce. Fight." Natsu said, the pain still in his eyes.

Lucy nodded, and she said, "I will try."

Natsu nodded, and leaned down and kissed her. A few seconds later, they separated, and Lucy smiled, turned around and closed the door.

Natsu stood there, staring at the door.

He didn't want to fight her. The image of her flashed by, and he shook his head. He turned around and he walked to his house.

no matter what he had to fight Lucy. He had no choice. Whether he wanted​ to, or not, he had to fight her... for the fate of the world.... right?

he stopped walking.

What if I just..let her destroy the world? So I don't have to live alone?

Natsu automatically  shook those thoughts out of his head. No... he couldn't be selfish. He had t be brave and push his love aside and fight for the world. 

He reached his house and he opened his door. He walked to his room, and opened the door. He walked to his bedside and picked up a photo on his nightstand.

It was a picture of him and Lucy smiling, his arm around Lucy's shoulders. Happy was in the back, his wings spread and arms over his head. He hd a grin n his face.

Natsu just realized how much they looked like a family.... He smiled as he looked at Lucy.

She was smiling, her head tilted slightly towards Natsu, and her body was turned towards his.

After having the picture by his side for years, he never noticed this.

Her body language.... it was always directed towards him in a way. He looked across his room at a picture on his dresser. Natsu was giving Lucy a side hug, and he realized how much she clung on him.... he looked at another and seen how her eyes glinted whenever she looked at him.

He smiled softly, and put the picture back. So it was true...

Lucy always has been in love with him... and he  ignored that....

He shut his eyes, memories of the event coming to his mind. When he told Lucy he hated her....

He took of his vest and pants, and got into bed. His eyes slowly drifted shut.

_time skip to next day_

Natsu groaned, and got out of bed. He didn't look forward to the day. he got o his clothes and headed out towards the guild.

He walked past Lucy's house, and he stopped, but kept going, in a train of thought.

'So the first signs, is violence. When I start causing fights with the guild, then I am preparing. Then, the next sign is when I begin to, like, glow. By glowing I mean, I radiate a faint golden glow. Then, my eyes will go from brown to gold, and then i will begin to radiate a-lot more magic, and then the last stage is when I talk, and it sounds as if I have two voices. That is the signs before I go insane.'

So she was already challenging the guild mates... Erza, Gajeel, and Natsu.... she did faintly glow when she arrived... but..... she isn't far along.

Natsu didn't want her to go bat shit insane. He didn't want to have to see her like that....

An idea popped in his head.

Well, Lucy is still preparing, so we still have time...

No, A voice said in the back of his head You can't risk other's life's by taking her somewhere.

The voice was right. Natsu cursed aloud, and a mother covered her child's ears and scowled at Natsu. "Sorry." He said.

The woman nodded. "It okay... children just have sensitive ears... you will learn when you are my age with a kid."

Natsu smiled and thought 'I am way older than you and i am not having a kid.'

he waved, and walked away, and towards the guild, and again, got lost in a train of thought.

But there is a way to make the effects slower....

No,there isn't. There isn't a way to make the process slower, Natsu. You will just have to wait it out like the rest of your guild.

Natsu sighed, and stood in front of his guild doors, and walked in.

_____

sorry to cut this short, but i just wanted a chapter where Natsu was thinking about ways to stop Lucy from changing....

and i just wanted to get this one updated already, because the end of the book might be coming soon...

and when the book does end, i am gonna go through all the chapters and edit the mistakes and badly typed sentences that sound like a 4 year old typed...

but yeah,maybe in like 5-10 chapters

until next time

; )