26

Lucy

"I know. When i fought him, he explained that he was the force that drove my mother to commit suicide." Lucy says. She can hear her spirits exhale in relief.

Lucy turns to the guild and says, "Alright-"

suddenly, Lucy felt a stab of pain in  her head. She gasped and bent over. Natsu was leading her to a table to sit down on and the pain kept stabbing at her, relentlessly.

She felt an aura invading her mind, and in the distance heard Natsu's panicked yells.

Do you really think that I would let this day pass peacefully? I only let this day happen because I need to gather strength and  the author wanted to give the readers a slight break....

Lucy growled, Fuck off, you damned monster.

We both know I am not the only monster here. He laughed, and didnt say anything else. The pain stopped, but she still felt the darkness. Lucy pushed it away by visualising a barrier of light.

She sat up, and met Natsu's eyes.  She stood up, concentrating more on the wall of light.

Lucy looked at the guild, and knocked away their questions with a flap of her hand. "I am fine. Now the pla-"

"nO!"

Lucy looked over at Levy, and Levy blushed. Lucy raised an eyebrow at Levy and Levy continued. "What I mean is that... it is your last day... and it should be great."

Lucy felt tears prickle in her eyes and she turned away and walked to another table. She sat down and waited as the urge to cry went away. "Like what? 10 minutes with each person in the guild?"

"Salamander doesn't get a turn because he already spent enough time with her." Gajeel snickered along with a lot of other people and Lucy turned and glared at them.

"If you guys keep talking about that, I will tell you every detail. Every detail. Then I'd literally roast you. So. Enough." Lucy turned around to hide her blush. She heard a few murmurs that included "That first part will be nice... not the second part.."

She sighed internally. Of course Erza would say that. Lucy turned back around. "Back to the original question. How do you suppose everyone.... spends time... with me?" Lucy said, distastefully. 

Natsu said, "How about we just... have a regular guild day?"

Everybody looks at Natsu. Lucy raises an eyebrow. "Do you mean wondering what Lucy will do next, and fearing for both of your guy's sanity?" Macao asked.

"No Dad, shut up. He means the old regular guild days." Romeo says. "Before Lucy abandoned us and left Natsu suicidal and came back and ruined everything." Lucy growls and she points a finger and burns a smiley face into his skin. Romeo yells out and everyone tenses, as if ready to fight Lucy. Lucy said, "Alright, enough." Then Lucy swung her head to look at Natsu. 

"'Suicidal'?" Lucy asked. Natsu smiled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. "Well.... I thought you knew. You did say you watched  me so..." Natsu looks her in the eyes. "Almost died too."

Lucy felt a sharp pain in her heart. She looks away from Natsu and has feels the darkness intruding from the lack of concentration. She pushed away, having to squeeze her eyes closed. Right when she finished, Mira cleared her throat. She must have thought that Lucy was in emotional pain.

"I think that is a good idea, Natsu." She says, smiling. Mira meets Lucy's eyes for a second and Lucy knows she can't fool Mira. Then Mira looks away, and smiles.