18

Lucy closed her eyes, and so did Natsu. They stood there for a few more seconds, until Lucy pushed Natsu away. She was red, and she covered her mouth. Her eyes widened as she looked at Natsu.

Natsu shrugged. "What? Mating Season." With a laugh, he opened the door slightly, and he slipped through it, leaving Lucy surprised. He walked down the street, smiling.

He kissed her. Natsu kissed Lucy.

And she figured out that...mating season....and she watched him as he...

Natsu shivered. He kept walking to his house. He smiled again. Well, at least she didn't blow his head off. He brushed his lips with his hands and walked faster. She waited to push him away, so that was a sign...

Natsu felt his cheeks heat up.

He shook his head, and eventually arrived at his house.

*in the morning*

Natsu opened his eyes, and he sighed. He sat up and slipped on his vest, pants, and shoes. He looked at his scarf and he wrapped it around his neck. He ran his hands through his hair, and he walked out of the house.

He walked towards the forest, and he seen a group of people. He seen Levy point to him,and everyone looked.

"Yeah yeah. I am here." Natsu grumbled as he got closer to the group.

"God, Salamander you look like death."Gajeel pointed out. Everyone nodded in agreement.

Natsu had shadows under his eyes and his eyes were bloodshot.

Natsu shrugged. "I was up thinking."

Gray met his eyes and smirked. Natsu's face reddened.

"Okay, everyone here? Yes? Good." Lucy called out.

"So... where do we start?" Jet called out.

"First, what is your strongest spell?" Lucy said. She looked at Natsu, and she quickly looked away.

"Uh... what does that have to do with anything?" Jet replied.

Lucy's hands glowed. "Does it matter?"

"N-No!"

"Good. There are plenty of trees to attack, so get to it."

"We are fighting... trees?" Gajeel asked. Lucy met his eyes with a chilling gaze. "Do you want the world destroyed, metal face?"

Gajeel scowled. Laughter was here and there in the crowd.

"That's what I thought. So shuddup and go to a tree." Lucy growled. Everyone scrambled to a tree, and began yelling spells.

Lucy noticed that their magic was laced with golden light, making more damage towards the tree.

_TIMESKIP TO A FEW HOURS LATER_

"Alright everyone, gather up! We need to discuss what is going to happen when I go insane and begin trying to explode the world!" Lucy shouted out to the guild. Everybody slowly gathered around her, exhausted.

"So?" Freed asked. "What happens?"

Lucy nodded. "I don't now when it is going to happen,but I know its going to be soon. So teh first signs, is violence. When I start causing fights with the guild, then I am preparing. Then, the next sign is when I begin to, like, glow. By glowing I mean, I radiate a faint golden glow. Then, my eyes will go from brown to gold, and then i will begin to radiate a-lot more magic, and then the last stage is when I take, and it sounds as if I have two voices. That is the signs before I go insane." 

Everybody was quiet. "What happens when you do?" Lisanna called.

Lucy's eyes hardened. "I begin terrorizing the people, and I melt destroy everything in my path. That is when you guys come, and start using your magic against me, until I face you, and start battling me. I then want you to lead me out of magnolia, and begin battling me there. Eventually, my spirits will show up and join you. Then at one point, I will get weak and shoot out a beam of golden light, and I will try to summon the constellations to Earth Land to help destroy everything. When I do that, I need each and everyone of you to point a hand at me, think of a memory you had with me, and draw the magic inside of you. It hurts, a lot, but you need to pull through it and think of the world. Then, when I weaken, I will stop....  and I will become unconscious."

Everyone was quiet, fully aware of the burden they were carrying.

But a question hung in the air, and nobody dared ask it.

except one person.

"And what happens if we fail?" Natsu asked.

Lucy looked into his eyes, and only he could see all the emotion burning in her eyes.

Fear, anger, sadness, relief, happiness, worry every single emotion.

"Then by all means, kill me." Lucy said.

the guild held it's breath.

Natsu looked down, his bangs shadowing his eyes. "No... we can't.."

he suddenly envisioned seeing Lucy's lifeless body on the ground with 3rd degree burns, icicles poking impaled in her, water filling her lungs and dripping out of her mouth, a sword through her stomach, scratch marks, iron shards sticking out of her head, and the worst of all... whip lashes on her beautiful, pale face.

Natsu was horrified by that image. The guild watched in pity as they seen a single, fat tear fall down his face.

"Natsu, you have to do anything to save the world-"

"No!" Natsu looked up, tears flowing down his face. "I won't kill you!"

"Natsu-"

"I already lost you once... I don't need to lose you again."

As Lucy heard those words, her heart broke, and tears began running down her face.

She walked to Natsu, and she hugged him.

"I know Natsu... I don't want to go either.... but if it means saving the world, I have to go." Lucy whispered, hugging Natsu harder.

"But I can't lose you, Lucy." Natsu whispered, hugging her hard.

"Natsu-"

"Because I love you."

Lucy's eyes widened. 

The guild watched, wanting to know what would happen next.