The End

Erza looked out at the demolished city. Her left eye was replaced with a working one, but all the colors were dim.

3 weeks before, Natsu and Lucy had sacrificed themselves to save the world.

Magnolia was broken, and destroyed, but it was being fixed. Brick by brick.

The missing were found under the rubble. Wendy had to have a leg removed. Levy has a mechanic arm, but Gajeel loves her anyways.

Sting was broken abour Yukino's death, and he hasn't been seen since his guild retreated to their hall.

There were lives lost, but everything was okay.

Erza watched Lisanna smile with Elfman, and Mira make a grilled cheese for Romeo.

Everyone was at ease, but...

Erza wiped her face, and she cleared her throat. She can't get emotional. She is the guild master, she has to be reliable.

Gramps had passed,  the week before. He had sustained injuries noone could heal.

Laxus had retreated to the woods, and barely came back the day before.

Erza walked down to the main floor, and she stood in front of Mira. Mira smiled at her, but her smile was sad..

Today was the day.

The funeral for the losses.

"I'm going to go out." Erza said. "I will be back soon."

Mira nodded, and Erza turned away before anything could be said. She passed Juvia, who was trying to get Gray to eat. Gray refused to, though.

Erza couldn't blame him. The nerves were getting to everyone.

Erza walked around town, absorbed in her thoughts.

She couldn't cry at the funeral. Even if she wanted , she couldn't. All her tears were used up the past 3 weeks.

Jellal was another loss. One she could barely handle. She will never forget the momeng when she laid eyes on his body, his head peaking out from under a huge slab of stone. It had fallen on him, killing him instantly.

There was only his head intact, she thought, emotionless. Only his head to bury, but its better than nothing.

Erza found herself at where Lucy's old house used to be. Now it was an empty lot with the skeleton of a new house. She remembered sneaking in to read her novels, having party's and just hanging out. Erza smiled fondly.

She kept walking.

She found herself at Natsu's old house. It was demolished, the city clean up didn't reach this part of town yet. She touched a part of the broken home, and a tear fell down her face. Erza sighed slowly.

She sank to her knees, sobbing quietly.

She missed them. She missed everyone that was lost. She wished that everyone had paid more attention to Lucy. That she could have been stronger. That she could have saved everyone.

But Erza knew it wasn't possible to turn back time.

What's done is done.

So she sat there in the ruins of Natsu Dragneel's old house and cried even more.

Erza returned to the guild hall an hour before the funeral started.

She was given looks, but none of malice. Everyone knew she had been crying. They felt worry.

She sighed, and cleared her throat. "It's time to to the town Square." Nobody said anything, and they just turned and walked out the doors.

Erza followed after them, quiet. She saw the people of Magnolia filling the square. People had been relocated to different cities in the country, but the had all returned when they heard a funeral for the mages were going on.