Sorrow

Selina walks silently through the trees, her katana on her back and a black cloak covering her body and face. She stops at the edge of the village, and watches as Kakashi sprints towards Selina, lying bloody on the ground. Selina watches from her position in the tree, her clone having most of her chakra. She had made a clone with a powerful genjutsu on it, along with most of Selina's chakra in it. Her intention was clear, and no matter how painful it has to be done. So she watches with a pained expression as her brother drops to his knees beside her clones dead body, weeping and rocking back and forth with the clones body in his arms. She watches as he runs towards the village with the clone, believing that he can save it. Selina whispers one final goodbye, and leaves the gates of the Hidden Leaf Village, several tears of both Hatake's dotting the gravel with grief along the way. 

"Selina!" Sasori yells, flinging a piece of razor sharp glass at Selina. She however holds her hand out and blocks it with her a small chakra field effortlessly. Sasori growls profanities at Selina under his breath, and stomps out of the kitchen. Just as he leaves Itachi walks in. He gives one look at the fuming Sasori and the ever emotionless Selina then sighs, shaking his head and stalks over to Selina with his pale hands in his pockets. "What did you do now?" He speaks quietly. Selina rolls her eyes and walks away towards her room, listening as her older brother figure silently follows her. Once safely inside Selina's sound proof room she turns to Itachi with a raised silver eyebrow. In truth she hadn't spoken to anyone since coming back from the leave village two weeks ago, only to Pein who had become nicer and of course Itachi. "It's been two weeks, when are you going to get over-" Itachi starts but doesn't finish as he sees clear liquid run out of Selina's green eyes. This small act makes Itachi the cold hearted bastard speechless, for he had not seen Selina cry since she was eight. "Never. I will never get over them. I will never get over the fact that I have a brother and a boy that I love. I will never get over the fact that I had to leave them, make them live through the misery of thinking that I'm dead, just because of a stupid mistake that shouldn't have even happened in the first place." Selina sobs, plopping on her bed, while all Itachi can do is sit next to her and let her speak. After all, what can one say to someone who gave up everything just to keep their family and loved ones safe? Nothing, and Itachi knows that all too well.

"I didn't even say goodbye, not to a single one of them. They will never know how much I love them, or how much I miss them, because they all think that I'm dead. I think about them everyday, and everyday I wish I could go back and relive my memories. But in the end I know that I'll end up making the same choice I did two weeks ago, if it meant keeping them safe." Selina finishes softly yet firmly. Itachi smiles at this young strong girl. He pulls her into a hug, and they enjoy each others company, eventually falling asleep to the sounds of each others broken hearts.

*Two weeks later*

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Itachi whispers in Selina's ear. The silver ninja nods, gripping her cloak firmly, making sure that it covers all of her head and body. Both ninja's conceal their chakra, leaving no traces of it as they walk along the green field. The usually blue sky lies gray now, looming overhead as if weeping for the funeral about to take place. Selina's breath catches in her throat as she stares at the amount of people gathered around a white casket, all dressed in her favorite color blue. Itachi and Selina stand far at the back, a little high up on the hill to where they can see each individual face. Some more than others stand out, and she looks over her friend's sad faces. Her brother is the first to stand up, dressed in a blue formal shirt and blue dress pants. "Selina Hatake, my sister, the only family I have, had left. I remember seeing her for the first time when she came into the Hokage's office. My first thought was that she's so beautiful, just like her mother. I just wish I got to tell her that." Kakashi sobs, then steps off the podium.

Sakura is next, her pink bubblegum contrasting with her bright blue dress. "Selina was my sister, the first girl to want to be my friend instead of a rival. She pushed me to become strong and to always keep my head held high, no matter what people think or say about you. I wish I could've told her how much she means to me." Sakura sobs at the end and goes to join Kakashi and the others.  

Next is Naruto, who looks out at the crowd with a determined face. "I know many of you thought that Selina was a monster, nut I'm here to tell you that your all wrong! She was a human being just like all of us, with real emotions inside of her. She had a hard life and yet she still strived to protect her loved ones and this village. I made a promise to her, that one day I'll become the Hokage and protect this village, and no matter what, I will make that promise reality." Naruto finishes. Selina smiles proudly at Naruto. 

Her breath catches as she watches her lazy ninja walk up to the podium. His usually bright eyes hold sadness, yet also doubt. "I'm not going to stand here and say sappy things about her. But I will say this. Selina was, is the love of my life. She will always be remembered, just as I will always love her." Shikamaru yells to the sky, tears pouring out of one of his eyes. Selina smiles sadly, her eyes caught to his fists, where he grasps the silver necklace she had secretly given him the night she 'died.' Her own hand reaches up to clasp her gold necklace, feeling a tingle run through her as she remembers when he gave it to her. 

Kakashi decided then that he would always protect his sister, even if it cost him his life.

 Stay with me kid.

 I love you Selina. 

We're a team and we do things together, got it? 

Because I love you and I know that you'd never hurt me Selina. 

Because before you I had no one to talk to. No one to tell me that everything's going to be ok. No one to call a friend. So thank you, for being there and for being my friend. 

I'm going to protect you forever and always. I promise. 

The voices of her friends course through her mind. " I hope, that one day, you all find happiness again". Selina whispers.