Chapitre Trois.

David Gandy as Ramone Vega

~

Muscled Mafia Love: Chapitre Trois

"I still don't get your wicked sense of humor. Must be because I'm slow." Brad cocked a eyebrow my way and I snorted. "Yeah, must be." I rolled my eyes as I took a seat down next to him, watching the children spar with each other.

I had no idea how this man named Brad Thorpe managed to weasel himself under my defenses in the past three weeks. I had never met a more persistent than Brad. It also didn't help when he had a daughter of equal persistence. But I didn't mind. I didn't mind the fact that Brad stopped by everyday for three hours just to talk to me and update me on his day. I didn't mind it that his daughter Ivory, made it her mission to invite me to every outing that she and her father had. 

I didn't mind it because I finally had a friend.

"When do you finally get to have that custody battle?" I asked, taking a sip of my water. "I don't know." Brad said. "I can only hope the chances are in my favor." He shrugged and I nodded. "How come you and the mother aren't together anymore? Weren't you guys in love or something?" I scooted over a bit so he wasn't touching me. "I remember you telling me something like that before."

He nodded in clarification. "Yeah, I was really in love with her, but it turns out, she just wasn't feeling me the same way." He clicked his tongue. "I loved that girl something fierce. I remember seeing her for the first time in Times Square with her long brown hair and her brown eyes with her tanned skin, I knew she was it for me. She was the one that I fell in love with at first sight. I started to go after her but she shot me down every chance I got. Even then, I kept trying." 

He chuckled but there was no humor in his voice. 

"Call me stupid, but I felt like I couldn't let her go." Brad sighed. "I mean, I know I wasn't like the best guy out there. I mean, I'm just Brad Thorpe. It really hurt when she didn't give me a chance at all but I wasn't the type of man to give up without a reason. Then she finally let me have a first day and it was the best day ever. We hit it off so well that 7 months later, we were discussing marriage and having kids." Brad licked his lips and I watched him deep in thought.

"It was good and it was the best for awhile but then, things started to change. She would be such a bitch to me and scream at me about the simple of things, like why there was one bowl in the sink or why there was dust on the doorknob." He rolled his eyes. "She would constantly get on my case about the littlest things and she would start neglecting me. Then we had Ivory and our lives went downhill. She would come home with blood on her hands and threaten to beat me like she did that person if I ever questioned her about it."

"I tried talking to her brother about her attitude but he seemed to have the same stick up his ass." I laughed a bit at that. "Then she started to hit me and hit Ivory over the years and I couldn't have that. So I left and here we are now." He turned to me and sighed, fresh tears permeating his orbs as he leaned closer to me to gather comfort.

I wonder what love felt like. I wonder if was so extensive enough, you felt high off of everything that they did. I wonder if love is the feeling that you get when you look at that person and know that that's the one person you want to give your all. I wonder if it is when you notice the little things about them that no one else would care to take notice of. I wonder if it is when they make you feel so beautiful even when you feel ugly.

But love is also one of the worst feelings in the world if you don't take care of it properly.

"What was her name?" I shivered in disgust and in fear as Brad leaned on my shoulder, trying to keep in the tear that threatened to come out from his eye. He must have been so hurt by the girl whom he loved but I couldn't be that barrier for him and protect him and his feelings.