Chapitre Vingt-Sept.

"My heart finally snapped out of its trance and said 'enough is enough.'"-Demetrios Kanzaki

~

Muscled Mafia Love: Chapitre Vingt-Sept

I stared at John, who seemed frozen in space. His body was shaking mildly, sweat peeling off of the sides of his forehead. His eyes were widened, his pupils blazed as his mother stood with her mouth wide open. This was happening right now. His father was here and from the looks of it, he planned to continue what he did years ago. I had to figure out a plan because I will not let anything happen to Marianna or John for that matter. "Guys," I whispered, squeezing John's hand. "I know this is hard for you John, but I need you to listen." I stated, sternly, glad that the kitchen was a few hallways and twists and turns from the foyer where his father was standing.

John looked at me, blinking slowly. "Marianna, there is no way that John is able to face his father like this." I informed her and she nodded, biting her lips as she paced the floor silently. "I need for you to take him and go hide in the closet down the hall." I had gotten a glimpse of the house before I had walked into the kitchen. There were several closets just before the living room and if we got the timing right, they could hide before Janos made his appearance. "But what about you?" She asked with a look of confusion, time ticking away slowly. 

"Someone has to kick his ass." I smirked, ushering her out of the kitchen. "Be very quiet." I warned. "He knows you're here but he doesn't know where." I could use that to my advantage. If he was expecting them to be here, he would be surely upset when he found me and no one else. I couldn't let him hurt John, not the one thing that I needed to protect. We all had our demons and John helped me fight mine so now it was up to me to make sure that his demon was exorcised.

I looked down the hall to the left of me, seeing a big and bulky shadow. His father could easily run and he would see us without question so we had to be very quiet. Our lives were on the line here. I could feel the pulsating of my gun in my holster as I directed to quietly drag John who was still in a trance to the right. My heart was beating in my chest so rapidly, I thought his father could hear it. He was moving around with a taunting whistle and I willed myself to take a deep breath, the lights flickering off. "Where are you, my dear son?" His voice called once again in a deep, mocking tone and Marianna jumped. "Do not say a word." I mouthed as we slid along the walls, the darkness stalling us.

He had something to do with the lights, that was for sure. "Marianna..." I heard that sick bastard's voice once again and I knew he was itching to go walk around so time was still standing. I pushed Marianna faster, the shadow in the foyer moving around. He was trying to figure out where we could be here so that meant that we didn't have enough time. Marianna stifled her whimpers as John looked around, still in a daze. This wasn't the time for him to be shocked but I understood. 

"We're almost there..." I repeated to myself when I saw the large closet in sight. It seemed so far yet it was right in our grasps. I ignored the stabbing pain of dread in my chest as John looked at me, unable to do anything. He was afraid and I had to make sure that everything was okay. This man had ruined his life and he showed up out of the blue. He was scared, I know. We continued to tip toe down the hall, life or death in our hands. We were almost there so I knew it was okay.

Then a phone went off, the bright light illuminating the hall as the shadow stopped. "JOHN!" I heard a booming voice as the footsteps increasing in vigor, my eyes widening as I realized they were heading this way. "Go! Go!" I pushed them further, the door seeming so far away. I couldn't let them be caught. I couldn't. He was almost behind us as we turned a corner, the door in sight. It was now or never. The sinister cackled of his voice called out as I reached for the doorknob, horror filling me. I opened the door as fast as possible, willing myself not to make noise as I pushed them inside, shutting it.