Chapitre Cinq.

Dolph Lundgren as America's most hated father, Konstantinos Kanzaki or better known as, Antonio Causi

~

Muscled Mafia Love: Chapitre Cinq

It was hard to believe that days could turn into months and months could turn into a year with the quickness.

I, Demetrios Kanzaki, a martial arts teacher and the right hand man of the most feared mafia boss of them all was now 28. It hadn't occurred to me through the training that I did, running back and forth to teach my kids during the free time Ramone gave me that I was getting older by the minute.

And I still hadn't found someone to love. Wow, tragic. 

As if I could anyway. Even with Ramone's rigorous training and him telling me that I was better than my demons, I still found myself very afraid of my past. I still found myself freeing the urge to cut and release that pain. I still found myself uneasy around the touches of people. 

That was the very reason why Ramone and I got closer.

"Why are you crying?" I heard a deep voice ask as I pulled my head away from hands, clearing my throat. "Nothing." I muttered, putting my shirt back on and turning the mirror away from my disgusting reflection. "Nothing, my ass." Ramone retorted as he snatched my shirt away from me before I could even slip it over my head.

"What are you doing?!" I croaked out, trying to cover myself with my arms and hands. "Tch." He snorted with a smirk and tears poured out of my eyes as he stared at me with a condescending look in his eyes. "Please stop." I whispered, not understanding the look in his eyes. Was he looking down on me?

"You have a lot of scars." He mentioned. "They're ugly." Ramone laughed. "Just look at them, some green and some yellow. Some red. God damn, Demetrios, I can see why you hide from the light." He turned the mirror back to me, the smirk still on his face. "Just look at yourself. Who would ever want you? Who would ever love you? It pains my eyes to look at you everyday, a broken man beyond repair." He left no emotion in his voice but disgust and I wanted to die. I wanted to cry my heart out and it took everything in me to keep my sobs muffled. How could he?

"But that's what you tell yourself."

"Huh?" I snapped my head up. "You tell yourself all of these negative things because you don't want to see yourself be happy. You tell yourself these things because in your mind, it's hard to believe that someone for once in your damn life, has your best interest in heart." Ramone spoke before he pushed the mirror back, taking a seat beside me on the floor.

"You tell yourself these things because in your hand, you believe that no one can ever you love because you don't love yourself, Demetrios." He patted my head and handed me a tissue. "I know it's hard to believe, but these scars, this pain, this constant voice telling you that you aren't good enough, it's a reminder that you're still living. That you still serve a purpose in this world." Ramone finished.

"I'll help you find that purpose."

Ever since that rainy night, Ramone and I have gotten closer and I can see him like a brother that I never had. He's been nice to me, not afraid to be firm with me when he has to be. It's the very reason why I am his right hand in charge of all the men who are under his control. I train them and I make sure that they answer every threat Ramone has on his radar.

It took me awhile, but I'm the best damn right hand.

As I opened the door to my room, I was startled by a flickering light coming from the table. I crept over to the table in the dark, the light turning out to be a candle stuck in a chocolate cupcake with blue icing. I picked up the note that was beside it and read it.