Chapitre Vingt Neuf.

ONE CHAPTER LEFT.

"I feel as if I'm in a never ending nightmare and there's no where for me to go." -Demetrios Kanzaki

~

Muscled Mafia Love: Chapitre Vingt-Neuf

I had spent my time all week in bed, just staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't cry, how could I cry? John had taken all of my tears with him. He had taken my heart, all my love, everything with him to the grave. He was slowly becoming a memory, a memory that I would always keep in my heart. He was dead and I so badly wished that it was me instead of him. There was no one in this world that I could ever come to love as much as I love John. He was everything to me. He was my one and only. He was gone and there was not a thing I could to get him back. "It hurts so much..." I whispered out loud, reminiscing on the memories we shared together. The night we made love. That had to have been the best day of my life, first only to the day I met him.

We had shared everything with each other, baring our souls and all of our secrets. He had became a part of me and we were a whole. I had known every single thing about him and he had known every single thing about me. He was my happiness and now that he was gone, there was no way in hell that I would ever be happy again. There was no way that I could survive without him. Call it crazy but I just can't be without him. This is what it feels like to be alone. I mean I have been alone all my life but now, I truly feel it. John was slowly leaving me, piece by piece.

At least that's what I had thought.

"Demi?" I turned my head towards the door to see Micah standing there, a small smile on his face. "Come here. I have something to show you." I let out a sigh as I got up, my sweatpants hanging a bit on me. "Are you okay?" He asked as I walked towards him, no expression present on my face. "Never better." I stated in a stoic tone as he led me down the hallway. "Where are we going?" I asked, wanting to go back to my room so I could lie in my bed. "Nikari wanted to see you." He stated, as we turned down the hall, which her infirmary was on the right. "Come on." Micah pulled me along with him as he opened the door to the bright white infirmary walls.

"Hey, darlin'!"

Ladies and gentlemen, good god almighty. I had never thought that I would be so happy to hear that irritating voice again. I put my hand over my mouth, stifling a gasp as I walked over to him, my body shaking in relief. I stared at him, a tear running from my eye as his wound seemed to be stitched up with a gauze covering it. "I managed to get him all fixed up." Nikari smirked at me as she snapped off her gloves. "He was in cardiac arrest for awhile but I got it. It wasn't all that deep and it didn't hit any major organs. He'll be in pain for awhile but he should heal within the next two to three weeks." She clapped me on the shoulder with a small smile as she exited the room along with Micah. "J-John." I manage to get out, reaching for his hand. Oh my god, he was here, right in front of me.

"What's wrong, Lukas?" He pulled back his hair, looking at me with concern in his eyes. He was alive. He didn't leave me. He was still here. I couldn't stop the tears from coming. He reached for me and pulled me into his grasp, a feeling that I thought I would never feel again. His scent, his Giorgio Armani cologne, his aftershave, his hair on my head. I never thought I would be feeling this ever again. Then it hit me. All of those things I had imagined, crying in my mother's arms, I was actually imagining it. I mean, I had told her about Zicara and everything but I don't think I mentioned anything about John.

Right, because I had imagined that I was at John's funeral watching him be buried, when instead, I was actually at my brother Alexios' funeral. They had found his body within two days after Zicara turned herself in to the police. She was allowed to come attend but she couldn't talk to anyone. It had felt like the tears I was shedding for my brother, the person I thought would be my role model and the person I thought would protect were going to John. I was imagining that he had died.