Chapter 2: Hello, Brothers (Edited)

September 8, 2009

"You're an abomination – never meant to survive the womb of your filthy, wretched mother."

Danny splashed water in his face, wincing slightly as he recalled the words Raphael had spoken to him. He glanced up into the mirror, face dripping with water as he tried to identify what exactly he was feeling.

"You're nothing but a monster, pretending to be a man – a hero. You save and kill humans on a mere whim – how does that make you any different from a demon?"

His fist found the mirror, shattering it in one blow. Pissed off. He surmised, watching the blood drip down from his hand. Definitely pissed off. He clenched and unclenched his hand, watching as the wounds healed over rapidly. He rinsed the remainder of the blood from his hand, silently wishing it was Raphael's – or, more accurately, his vessel's – blood that was mixing into the water and flowing down the sink.

He shook his head, grabbing a nearby towel and beginning to dry off his hands. It was a foolish, impossible wish. Raphael was an archangel – and he was but a simple vampire. Not even an Original vampire, who could survive all but the wood from a white oak. He wasn't even sure an Original could survive the wrath of an archangel and, despite whatever resentments he and Klaus might harbor for each other, he wasn't keen on finding out.

In the months since he and Damon had spoken on the beach, Danny had kept very busy. Hunting monsters, stopping Horsemen, and doing whatever else he felt was necessary to keep the bad guys from winning. Most recently, he had been on an adventure with his hunter friend – who was more like a brother than anything else – and the fallen angel, Castiel.

Castiel, bless his little heart, still believed that God was out there and pulled Danny and Dean both into his relentless search to find him. Tracking down Raphael, the three had trapped him in holy fire, preventing him from immediately killing them. After a few words were exchanged – and virtually no info was gained – the three had left to pursue other things. Cas had departed shortly after the incident, leaving the hunter and the vampire to their own devices.

"Hey! I brought some tacos!" A male shouted, banging on the door of the bathroom, alerting the vampire that his friend had returned from his errand.

"Awesome," Danny replied, rolling his eyes and opening the door to reveal none other than Dean Winchester himself standing before him.

Dean peered around him, eyeing the broken and shattered mirror. Handing a food bag to Danny, he said, "What'd the mirror do to piss you off?"

"It looked at me funny," Danny replied shortly, pushing past Dean and walking further into their crappy motel room. Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a taco, taking a bite out of it before staring at it thoughtfully, mischief glinting in his eyes.

"Something wrong?" Dean inquired, flopping onto his bed.

"Yeah..." Danny began slowly, placing on a slightly confused/worried expression as he looked over at Dean. "Do these tacos taste funny to you?"

Dean opened his mouth to respond, then stopped as a smile grew over Danny's face. With a groan, the hunter took his pillow and threw it at the vampire. It hit Danny full in the face as he laughed, flopping back onto his own bed.

"I really wish Kate hadn't told you about that," Dean grumbled. "Especially when I don't even freakin' remember it!"

"Yes, well, who else is she supposed to tell? Not like she has anyone to talk to besides you two assclowns," Danny remarked, taking another bite out of his taco. "Speaking of, what did she think of our showdown with our favorite ninja turtle?"