Chapter 22: Enochian 101

March 28, 2010

In the days that followed the run-in with Elijah, Danny dedicated himself more than ever towards figuring out his telekinesis thing. He had tried numerous things after searching the interwebs – meditation, visualization, focusing, etc. But none of them worked. He had then moved on to using another language – seeing as how witches spoke in different tongues to work their spells. The only problem with that, however, was that Danny didn't speak Enochian – except for one phrase, but he was mostly positive that saying 'you breed with the mouth of a goat' wouldn't get him anywhere.

He knew both Castiel and Crowley were rather fluent in the language, but he didn't want to bother them. Mostly because Cassie was in heaven and Crowley was a dick. Fortunately for him, the internet existed. After about half an hour of scrolling, he finally managed to come across a semi-decent English to Enochian site.

Placing a coin on his desk, he hovered his hand over it, taking in a deep breath as he prepared himself. Concentrating heavily on the coin, he said with as much authority as he could muster, "Zacam*."

The coin moved – albeit more violently than Danny had intended, but still. It shot across the desk, flying across the room to embed itself into the wall. Not sure whether to be excited that he moved the coin, or upset because he damaged his wall, Danny began to walk over to the wall to retrieve the item in question, before stopping abruptly. I could practice a bit more and use my angel mojo to bring it back. Then again... there is a high possibility that could end badly...

With a small shrug, Danny walked back to the computer, looking up the proper term before turning back to face the coin. Focusing once more on it, he said, "Niis."*

The coin flew out of the wall toward him, allowing Danny to catch it with his outstretched hand. With a wild grin on his face, he flipped the coin in the air a few times before pocketing it. As he was about to go back to his computer to see what other phrases he could look up, he heard a knock at the door. After a second, it opened, revealing his younger brothers.

"We're about to visit Katherine, you coming?" Stefan asked.

"Love to. Why are we visiting her again?"

"Because we need the moonstone to break the spell on it," Damon replied.

"Ordinarily, I would ask why you decided to leave it in the tomb with Katherine in the first place. But, quite frankly, I don't care," Danny paused, fiddling with the coin in his pocket for a moment. "Give me a couple minutes to get some stuff, and I'll be right with you."

***

The three brothers made their way down the stairs into the tomb, an air of seriousness surrounding them. Damon and Stefan positioned themselves on either side of the stone slab that sealed Katherine in. Meanwhile, Danny had set his duffel bag on the ground and stood there, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. His brothers had insisted on being the ones to open the tomb – likely not wanting their brother in closer proximity to Katherine than he had to be.

When the door had finally been fully moved out of the way, everything was silent for a moment. Katherine stepped out from a corner, saying, "Please, come in. There's plenty of room for all of us."

"I'd rather poke my eyes out," Damon smiled.

"Mmm, they're such pretty eyes," Katherine replied in a manner that Danny thought was supposed to be flirtatious, but ended up sounding more condescending than anything else.

"If they won't take you up on your offer, I'd be more than happy to keep you company," Danny grinned evilly, taking a step forward. His smile only widened when Katherine took a step back. "Aww, she's afraid of me. That's so cute."